“Great Lunch”

Doc's Blue Moose
Price range: USD 6 - USD 15
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My deer hunting buddy and I stopped at this place for lunch and enjoyed the experience. Great service by the waitress and excellent food. I had fish strips and my friend had a salad. The moose mount on the wall was incredible. We enjoyed visiting with the waitress and the serving sizes were huge. Well worth the cost. We will return.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a great place to have a burger and fries or, my favorite -- a walleye sandwich. There's also an ice cream bar with the BEST flavors.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

The best part about this place is the ambience. The staff is incredible, and the food is better than expected in a small place. What I love is the historical photographs located throughout the restaurant. Excellent craft brews available.more than just standard fare

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Enjoyable atmosphere, friendly staff, and food is good but service can be spotty. Last week we ate there twice. Our visit in the afternoon went fine but our lunch visit was less than stellar. Ordered a hamburger with a pickle (the menu said it came with a pickle) and a bowl of chili with sourdough bread. Received a burger with no pickle, a cup of chili instead of a bowl and no bread. They gave us a pickle for the hamburger and exchanged the cup for a bowl right away but it took them so long to bring the missing bread that I was done with the chili by time it arrived. I have heard of similar experiences from other customers. I hope they get their service problems fixed because it is a cute little restaurant.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Met friends for dinner; I am not a big meat eater, but opted for the BLT, that came with ''chips'. Well, the bacon was all chopped into bits, so very dry, and the sandwich was cut into three strips - impossible to eat. Everything kept falling off the bread into the basket, so I ended up eating my sandwich with a knife and fork. The homemade chips were awful - totally overcooked and inedible. My friends got garden burgers, which were ok, but they didn't eat the chips either. We were hungry and ordered an ordered an appetizer, which was brought with our meal...so, not the best experience. I would go again for ice cream, but probably not for lunch or dinner.