“Great ice-cream!”
Review of Nelson's Ice Cream

Nelson's Ice Cream
Ranked #6 of 29 Dessert in Saint Paul
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This place is always packed when the weather is nice.Child size at Nelson's is NOT like ordering off the kid's menu! For $3.75, you will get what's considered a double or even triple and will cost you $9 at other ice cream shops. Nelson's also has a lumberjack challenge for $10-12 where if you are able to eat 5 softball sized scoops and 3 toppings, you can get your picture on the wall.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The first time I went to Nelson's with my husband, we had no idea that the cones and bowls were so huge. We each ordered a 2 scoop cone and they were as big as 2 quarts of ice cream stacked on top of each other! I got an intense cold headache because I had to eat enough of it to fit in the bowls they provide. It was an insane amount of ice cream. I'm not sure the ice cream they serve is very good quality and I suspect it's loaded with High Fructose Corn Syrup. We learned on that occasion to only order a single scoop kid's size cone or bowl and even that is more ice cream than we can eat in one sitting. I prefer a sane amount of high quality ice cream if I am going to indulge so I probably won't be back to Nelson's very often.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I grew up on Nelson's out in Stillwater, so I may be a bit partial but I was ecstatic to find a closer location in St. Paul. The line is typically out the door on a warm summer night and the ice cream is fantastic. I enjoy the fun of an Izzy, but this for someone who really has a sweet tooth for Ice cream and wants a serious cone. I live that 1 scoop size gives you two flavors, like an Izzy on steroids and an affordable price.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Great ice cream, at amazing prices and out of this world portions. Take a real spoon to eat it with...so much better!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Service size is huge but it is keeps ice-cream which you get in grocery store. They should atlas have few of their own flavors.

Been to Nelson's Ice Cream? Share your experiences!