“Good pub food”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kellogg Blvd.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Located within the Holiday Inn, Downtown. Just across the street from the Xcel Center. Good solid Irish pub food, a nice pint of Guinness, great, friendly service at fair prices.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on a whim after the St. Paul ice show. It was fantastic. If you like Rubens, you have to give this one a try. My buddies had burgers and they were great also! The thick cut fries were seasoned perfectly also!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 9 November 2017

With inclement weather and heavy downtown traffic, my husband and I ate at the Liffey, which is attached to the downtown Holiday Inn. Both times, we were very satisfied. I'm not aware that curry is part of Irish cuisine, but the curry they offered was a healthful, nutritious choice for me, as I'm watching my weight. Service was very good. The place can get crowded around the time of Wild games. Best to wait until after the puck drops at the Xcel, for quickest service.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We were walking up to the Cathedral, we saw the Liffey and decided we needed to be refreshed before we attempted the Hill! We lucked out and was even happy hour on a Saturday!! Steven was our server, he was great! We enjoyed our beverages, the comfortable big booth and the very authentic interior. Cheers!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We've eaten at the Liffey a few times over the years. They offer pub fare with enough choice to satisfy everyone. It's a busy place before events at the Xcel Energy Center, but they are used to handling the crowds!

Top Tip: Don't be discouraged by the fact it's attached to a Holiday Inn. The pub is pretty authentic. In the summer, the patio is a fab choice w a great view of the city.

Date of visit: October 2017