“Amazing food!”

Hot City Pizza
Ranked #204 of 974 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

You have to try this place. My kids and I were visiting the area from Canada. This place was affordable and food was just amazing. The Philly cheesesteak was the best I have ever had and came with chips. Pop has free refills. Staff were friendly, quick, and professional.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

A friend of mine was on me to check this place out as it’s the only Philly he enjoys eating. Really, that good? I had to check this place out and I finally did. I just wish I would have gone years ago when he first told me about Goody’s.

Um yeah...... The Philly here is top notch and should be consumed by all! Meat was perfectly cooked and seasoned, topped with LOTS of melted pepper jack cheese, onions and green peppers and it was oh so delicious.

As for the pizza, well I guess I'm going to have to go back some time to check it out. But, while I was there over lunch on a busy Friday afternoon, everyone and I mean everyone was ordering a Philly either to dine-in or take out.

It's just a little whole-in-the-wall spot off west 7th near Shamrocks, but it's places like this that seem to always have the solid grub worthy of consuming. It's the #1 spot for a Philly on my top 10 list and if you want to see who else is on the list, feel free to message me.

#knowbeforeyougo

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Didn't really know what to expect of this hole-in-the-wall pizza and sub shop. Subs are fresh, tasty, and huge. Haven't tried the pizza, calzones, salads, or dogs (yet) but based on the subs, I'm game. Fresh pillowy rolls with a generous amount of hot meat and just the right toppings. Prices are very reasonable. A note about the ambience--it's a small, kind of junky (but clean) little place with a couple of flat screen TVs and some old school video games. Seems like the kind of place kids would have hung out in during the 1980s. What has really impressed me both times I've been there is that the staff have been fairly chatty and friendly with each other...if they enjoy being there, so do I.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Ordered some pizza and is was pretty great - a lot like NY style pizza with great tastes at a great value. I lived in NY for a bit and have always missed the pizza; good NY style is hard to find in the twin cities and this place is one of the better options.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Ordered up sandwiches for our meeting arrived on time and hot as can be. ALWAYS GET 'E, TOASTED. Even tried the Build you own Hoagie 2 meats two cheese $ 7.99. A order or Sinner Knots, fantastic.