“Hearty Fare In Warm Setting, Great Neighborhood”
Review of Moscow on the Hill

Moscow on the Hill
Ranked #14 of 952 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: USD 0 - USD 40
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Our family finally tried it, after passing by it several times on previous visits to that area of St. Paul. Only regret was not trying it earlier. Everyone in our family liked the three versions of dumplings on the regular menu. Was there when weekend-brunch menu was also served. Borscht was light, simple, and fresh-- not overcooked nor too salty. Finished off by splitting a Napoleon pastry-- a nice end.

Will want to come back to try either the vodka flights or house beer (several other microbrews also on tap).

I can see people finding it cramped if it got busy. During our Saturday lunchtime meal, it was nicely cozy and we got a window seat, with a nice view of the Cathedral Hill crossroads.

1  Thank Karras

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Just popped in for cocktails on our way down the street. Tons of Vodka options. If you would like to try something different the cocktail options were interesting

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We wanted to try something different.. this was the place! Our group of6 had mixed reviews.. you have to be willing to try a new experience .. I found the atmosphere exciting because it was refreshingly new & different!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I was finally able to stop by this establishment after passing many times. They have tables ao accommodate almost any size. The staff is friendly and helpful. Many russian dishes (obviously) and a few dishes for those a bit less adventurous. Many kinds of Vodka from all around, to include flights if you want to share and try some you are curious about. They have a decent selection of beer with an emphasis on the Russian styles.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The ambience and service was lovely. We were impressed by the beef tartare appetizer. The Siberian Pelmeni tasted more production made than homemade even if it was homemade in the kitchen, and the vodka drinks were too much on the sweet side for my tastes. I'm sorry I didn't have room for any dessert or coffee. I would certainly go back again and try other menu items. They let us split a large plate of pelmeni which I greatly appreciate.