“Great Beef Tartare”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 40
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The ambience and service was lovely. We were impressed by the beef tartare appetizer. The Siberian Pelmeni tasted more production made than homemade even if it was homemade in the kitchen, and the vodka drinks were too much on the sweet side for my tastes. I'm sorry I didn't have room for any dessert or coffee. I would certainly go back again and try other menu items. They let us split a large plate of pelmeni which I greatly appreciate.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My son and I ate here since the restaurant was rated high. Parking was easy since there is an adjacent lot for a small charge. The atmosphere is cool, for lack of a better term. There are couches at which friends and family could visit. For a drink and some appetizers, I think this would be a great meeting spot.

We only had tea and water with our meals. We had borscht and cheboureki, which was followed by babushka stew for me and a full peasant meal for my son. I thought my stew portion was pretty small for $19, but my son seemed to get a better meal for $20. As with a lot of Russian/Eastern European food, you won't find a lot of flavors and color. I didn't think the food was anything special, but we did like the atmosphere. Service was decent.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Been meaning to get back to MOTH for some time and stopped in for mid-afternoon small plates and drinks. Excellent server Chelsea guided us through several choices of the nicely done menu by Executive Chef Jeff Theissen. Started with some "pastry filled" items, excellent duck liver pate' (changes daily) beet salad and of course the mandatory Borscht. My wife enjoyed and nicely presented designer Martini and I chose my standard vodka/rocks with olives and frankly savored the New Amsterdam vodka. Nothing exotic but "vodkaphiles" would have a field day with bottled vodkas offered with dinner. Uber highly recommended if you choose this route. Planning to go back soon for Happy Hour at the bar that starts at 2:00 PM but not Friday or weekends I presume.
Love the entire bar set-up

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Ate there on a Saturday evening in early Feb. Arrived a few minutes early so took a walk and found it be located in a really cool neighborhood of old well maintained or restored brick buildings, shops, businesses and homes. The restaurant's atmospehere was warm and inviting and the service was pleasant. Not sure about the beer or wine list but they offer an wide variety of vodka drinks. I had the Alexander Palmer which very good. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. I had the Duck Breast Schnitzel, loved it. One downside was, our waitress was a bit slow and forgot to bring a salad for one the guests. Otherwise a very enjoyable experience

Reviewed 2 February 2018

We went here on a lark and are really glad we did. Excellent food and exciting menu. We had the pickled vegetables for a starter. It was a great mix of veggies and flavors. I had the stroganoff and my wife had the duck confit. We were both very happy with the food. The hostess did not appear to be very happy about working but the wait staff was excellent.