“Dessert and comfort food”

Keys Cafe - Woodbury
Ranked #76 of 951 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I had a turkey sandwich and salad with a lemon cookie for dessert. The sandwich was bland and needed a sauce. I wasn't asked what kind of bread I wanted. The salad was iceberg lettuce with tomato wedges. I was told the Blue cheese dressing was homemade but I wasn't impressed. My son had grilled cheese for his kid's meal with fries and he also got a lemon cookie because they were out of the M&M cookies. Note that you take your bill up to the counter to pay; I sat there stupidly wondering why the waitress was ignoring us until I figured that out. The decor is nice and it's in the mall so you can go walking afterwards and do some window shopping or get a few things from the hardware store or whatever.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

My wife and I ate here this afternoon for a late lunch. Located south of Valley Creek Road and just west of I-494. They have outside seating - when the weather is good. There is no bar. You can sit at the counter on stools (with backs) or you be seated at a table or booth. Entrance is through the mall and just across from Life Way book store. The food has always been good and we had a funny server today that kept us laughing. I had a mushroom cheddar burger which was cooked to perfection and my wife had the pumpkin pie. There is a wide range of dessert items to choose from. They have gluten FREE items. Come as a couple or with a group and enjoy the great food at Keys Café.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

This place is in a small mall. We went with some friends here. The food was excellent. Much of it is home made. Sometimes home made doesn't necessarily equate to good, but in this case it does. The bread alone is noteworthy. We were there midday on a Wednesday. Even then there were plenty of customers, which tells you that its a good place if it has lots of customers midweek, midday.
Service is just as good as the food. Our server had our next drink ready before the first one ran out.

1  Thank F4981JCmichaels
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Breakfast is always predictably very good! The ham served with the eggs for breakfast is a nice sized piece and has great flavor. I had marble rye and served with the home made jam it was great. My husband says they make the very best veggie omelette ! The place is packed on weekends and right around lunch time but the wait is not too long and definitely worth it!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Very good location right off 494 and within a strip mall. Went here with a friend for a late breakfast during the weekday. We got seated right away and waitress brought us water right away. I went with the Italian hash with mushrooms, onions & peppers. It was a large portion as i had to take some home with me. It arrived hot & very delicious. My friend ordered a basic breakfast eggs, bacon & toast. The bread is made in house and was very good. We each got coffee with is served with flavored cream the meals arrived quickly as did the bill. total bill inluding 2 coffeess (24) Good place to meet up, eat & socialize with feeling hurried.