“Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Our waiter was very nice ..fresh made pasta . Not too much garlic .. perfect .. bread basket fresh .. caprese salad with fresh mozzarella.. so good ..our meals were all so great except one had broccoli which was over cooked .. that was the only issue
..if we visit again we will definitely come back

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I stumbled on La Grolla on my first night in St. Paul, and I was pleasantly surprised at the whole experience. Staff are very friendly and checked on me regularly to see if I needed anything more. I started with the small Isabella salad, which was just the right size to begin my overall meal - the salad is basic but tasty. Then for my main entry I chose the ravioli di granchio, ravioli stuffed with crab and lobster in a light tomato-based sauce. The ravioli was very good, although I probably could have eaten more (the plate comes with about ten or so individual ravioli, about medium-sized). But I used the complementary bread to mop up the sauce, so that helped. Finally, I went with the taxido for dessert - a chocolate cake that wasn't so big I thought I'd have to bring some back to the hotel.

Overall, a very nice spot with a patio for outdoor dining.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We went as a group of 5 during the prime dinner hour. They were busy, but the service was relatively quick. Nice wine selection, delicious authentic Italian. Waiter was knowledgeable about the menu. No kids menu, but we didn't expect it. Ours are just old enough to sit quietly. They enjoyed the lasagna. We enjoyed the spacious 2 level patio. Plenty of vegetation to be quiet and intimate even though it's just of the street. The least impressive part of our meal was the dessert we took to go, but it wasn't disappointing. My biggest complaint would be the cheap plastic water tumblers. I noticed what I thought were water goblets set on the tables inside, so perhaps the plastic was only on the patio? The hostess must have been new, but the food was really delicious. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This was our first visit to LaGrolla. It was a beautiful night and we ate outside. The service was excellent...only to be outdone by the food. I ordered chicken, the others ordered seafood . No one was disappointed. I look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I had the penne alla vodka and the Isabella salad. Both were delicious and I will definitely be back. While we ate indoors, the outdoor seating looked lovely.