“I’m not sure why I didn’t give it 5*”

Cossetta's Italian Market & Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 28 Dessert in Saint Paul
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Deli, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Not what i expected at all. Very informal... grab a tray and get in line. Very delicious and very well priced. You won’t walk away hungry that’s for sure!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our family has frequented Cossetta for years. This includes the store, bakery, restaurant, and Cosetta Eventi for catering. All experiences have been positive….until 2 weeks ago. Our daughters, both middle school teachers, were to meet friends, business professionals and a med student, at a specified time. That evening a Pink concert was also being held at the Excel which our daughters and friends were not attending. We understand that when there are events at the Excel Cossetta can be very busy. Once inside Cossetta our daughters separated to search for the others. One daughter went to the upstairs seating area and located their friends who had already purchased food for all of them. My other daughter tried to go upstairs but was told she couldn’t as she didn’t have any purchased food with her. She explained that she was only trying to locate the rest of her group and would not be sitting. She was told she could not go upstairs.
She returned to the lower area when my other daughter called her saying she was upstairs and she had located her group. My younger daughter returned to the stairway and explained that her group was upstairs and she was going to meet them. The man guarding the stairway again refused to let her through. She said this was ridiculous, that she was simply trying to join her group. The man put his hand on her shoulder to push her to the side and told her she was a “smart ___”. My daughter strongly stated that he was not to touch her. At this point my daughter asked to speak to the manager. He said “go ahead”. She found the manager and explained the situation. He asked her to point out the man. She did, and the manager said that was the owner. The manager then did not say another word. My daughter became very upset. We were in contact with by daughters during this time period. We told then we were coming down to the restaurant. They relayed that information to the owner. When we arrived, less than a half hour later, the manager indicated he had left and that if we wanted to talk to him we would need to make an appointment with his assistant.
The following day my husband did contact the owner. Ultimately my daughter was only looking for an apology. The conversation did not go well. The owner stated my daughter’s description of the events was completely untrue and that if my husband believed her he didn’t want to know the truth. He then hung up on my husband.
This has turned into a losing situation for all. Our family and friends will not return to Cossetta, not because of the food, we love the food – especially Eventi and its staff, but because of the owner as an individual. Cossetta will lose many good customers. Sad.

3  Thank Debjkelleher
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Go to the science museum for the afternoon (park in the science museum parking lot) after enjoying the museum, walk the 3 blocks to cossetas. We usually order a large whole pizza for our family. It is the cheapest way to go. If money isn't an issue, cossetas has a great selection of Italian food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went for lunch on Saturday about 12:30 and there was a huge line. It goes pretty fast especially if you are not getting a salad. They told people who are only order entrees to skip that line so cut about 15 or so minutes from the wait. We ordered chicken parmigiana which they made while we waited a few minutes. It tasted fabulous. Small portion but taste was great. The noodles and sauce that came with it were good. We then went to the bakery for dessert / gellato and it was good also. Took two cupcakes to go as they looked good but found out later that they were dry so probably there for a while. I would go back here and just hope for less crowds.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Cossetta's market and deli on the first floor is a great place to go and get a quick and very good Italian lunch or dinner, and then you can top it off with a visit to the bakery for a cappuccino, pastry or some ice cream, and you can grab some to take home. A great family owned business for the family to have fun at. They have valet parking as well as a free lot if you stay and eat. You can also go to Louies on the top floor of Cossetta's for some fine dining. Go and enjoy you will love it.