“Tasty Italian Fare”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Chestnut
Reviewed 13 October 2018

Almost everything on the menu was very good--Caesar salads were tasty, chicken marsala was flavorful, butternut squash gnocchi with sage was amazing, and the mushroom and chestnut salad was terrific. Service was professional, warm, and welcoming.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

I had the fantastic opportunity to have dinner at Louis in June. We brought an attorney colleague from Europe. Jake made us feel as though we were royalty. The food was impeccably presented and perfectly prepared.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I had planned to eat at Cossetta downstairs but then spotted Louis. It’s upstairs (good exercise to get your appetite up) and the walls are covered in black and white photos of Italian scenes. The restaurant looks good. I sat inside but they also have a patio area outside. It was busy but no problem for a table for one and no issue with dress code (I was wearing jeans, trainers and t-shirt).

I had fried mozzarella to start - a huge portion which looked more like a grilled cheese sandwich - very good. I followed with chicken parmigiana- excellent. I also had a blood orange daiquiri which was first class. The bill was c$50 plus tip which I thought was ok for what I had.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Louis is a terrific rooftop dining room and bar. The dining room is white tablecloths and wood wainscoting but don't let that scare you off. They treat you right if you are in your Sunday best, walking in after work, or even in shorts and a t-shirt. I think they get so many tourists that they don't take themselves too seriously. They just want you to relax and have a good time.

Pros:
- Nice decor inside and terrific views outside.
- Upscale food and service with authentic Italian flavors
- Good selection of wine, beer, and spirits
- Outdoor patio area can have a bit more of a happy our or party vibe so go out there if you want that vibe or stick to the dining room if you are looking for a classier meal.

Cons:
- A bit pricey but good value for the quality and presentation
- Busy so you may need a reservation.
- Lots of tourist coming and going

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I love the food in Cosetta's. One of my favorite places to grab a bite and was really looking forward to experiencing Louis. The roof top dining is intriguing. However, the food really was a letdown. Italian sausage appetizer was quite tasty but the veal I ordered was really sub par. Tough and overcooked. I really should have sent it back to the kitchen, something I generally never do. Amateurs in the kitchen. Not cheap either. So many better high quality Italian restaurants in the Cities. Sadly, no reason to return except for maybe to have a drink at the patio bar.

Been to Louis? Share your experiences!