Review Highlights
Great visit!

I did the Lost Souls Tour which was really great. The guide, Nurse Hatchett, was fabulous. The only... read more

Reviewed 2 November 2018
AndoBeatts
Melbourne, Australia
Ghost Tour on 10/27/18

I can't believe I have lived in MN my whole life and not made it on one of the Wabasha tours before... read more

Reviewed 28 October 2018
TamsAdventures
Saint Paul, Minnesota

All reviews gangster tour swing dancing fun tour interesting history bring a sweater dance hall light jacket dance night lost souls john dillinger bus tour basic tour prohibition era ghost stories twin cities lots of fun super fun
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I'm just wondering about the two closed caves...
I am upset about the construction debris story. It was very cool to hear the stories and to imagine it alive in the hey days. No way would I do the ghost tour! And I would need to learn to swing dance. I highly recommend this tour because your imagination runs away with you.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The caves are such a blast for a swing dance night or a ghost tour. The history is wonderful and the interior is brilliant. I always recommend a visit.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our tour guide was excellent! He most certainly was an expert on the history of the caves, and he sounded excited and interested, not mundane like many tour guides are after repeating the same information over and over. The tour lasts 45 minutes and there is one area in which guests are invited to sit down for a few moments. The information provided about the gangsters who frequented the caves is very intriguing.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I would of given this a five instead of a four if it as better organized at the front desk. EVERYONE went in to check in and EVERYONE was told to go outside and wait. Instead of doing that, they could of either checked you in or taken the money at that time and then it would of went faster and we could of started on time. The lady inside was very rude when someone asked to use the restroom, she informed them they could use it inside the cave once the doors open. (which wasn't for another 10 minutes, they had health issues) The cave tour itself was VERY INTERESTING and VERY INFORMATIVE. I would do it again. The tour guide was very entertaining and fun to listen to. I hghly recommend this, just ignore the inside office person.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We came here because it was close by and sounded interesting. We took the 9:30 Gangster Tour by bus and then the 12:00 walking cave tour. I would highly recommend both. In the era of gangsters, St. Paul was a "safe city" for criminals because of corruption. So long as they followed the rules, they would not be arrested. The tour was a 2 hour monologue by an actress who portrays one of the gangster women. She gave many facts and interesting stories about the gangsters who lived in the area. Most of the buildings of the time a gone, but some are still here. It was great. The Cave Tour was equally good. I would recommend it to everyone.

Date of experience: August 2017