“Interesting history for a cheap price”

Wabasha Street Caves
Ranked #2 of 41 Nightlife in Saint Paul
More attraction details
Owner description: This unique facility for private events is comprised of 12,000 square feet in an underground cave system, which features stucco ceilings, tile floors, a 60-foot bar, dining room and meeting space.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My son is interested in all things "gangster" so we thought touring the Wabasha street Caves where the Ma Baker, John Dillinger and his gang used to hang out would be fun. It was! For a mere $8 we had a very energetic, highly informative guide take us through the caves and made us wanting to come back for more ("lost souls tour" to hear more about the hauntings and swing dancing nights!) Definitely recommend and the area is fun for exploring the latino culture with Taco House within walking distance and Burrito Mercardo just down the street.

1  Thank karajake
"high school"
"lots of fun"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I'm just wondering about the two closed caves...
I am upset about the construction debris story. It was very cool to hear the stories and to imagine it alive in the hey days. No way would I do the ghost tour! And I would need to learn to swing dance. I highly recommend this tour because your imagination runs away with you.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

The caves are such a blast for a swing dance night or a ghost tour. The history is wonderful and the interior is brilliant. I always recommend a visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our tour guide was excellent! He most certainly was an expert on the history of the caves, and he sounded excited and interested, not mundane like many tour guides are after repeating the same information over and over. The tour lasts 45 minutes and there is one area in which guests are invited to sit down for a few moments. The information provided about the gangsters who frequented the caves is very intriguing.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I would of given this a five instead of a four if it as better organized at the front desk. EVERYONE went in to check in and EVERYONE was told to go outside and wait. Instead of doing that, they could of either checked you in or taken the money at that time and then it would of went faster and we could of started on time. The lady inside was very rude when someone asked to use the restroom, she informed them they could use it inside the cave once the doors open. (which wasn't for another 10 minutes, they had health issues) The cave tour itself was VERY INTERESTING and VERY INFORMATIVE. I would do it again. The tour guide was very entertaining and fun to listen to. I hghly recommend this, just ignore the inside office person.