“Authentic Mexican food! Great.”

Los Ocampo Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 972 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Great food and very authentic especially at the Los Campos on Arcade; they are my favorite. The one by Target is good and more of a restaurant style while the one on Arcade is more of a cafeteria style. Great food.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Excellent Mexican food. Wide selection -- the meat selection alone is amazing. Nicely spiced, extensive choices. Taco Mondays and Thursdays are an especially good value; regular prices also good value. Salsas offer a variety of spice levels -- those I tasted were all delicious. Family friendly; space is large enough to be able to read despite conversation at adjoining tables. I'm going back.

Nice to hear wait staff and customers speaking fluent Spanish in a St. Paul restaurant.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

The food is always so delicious and very filling! Love Los Ocampo!! We come here often and the staff are always friendly and helpful!!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

My colleague loves Mexican food. And I'm from Texas. So Los Ocampo seemed logical. Our greeting was lackluster. I've never heard of a Mexican restaurant that charges for chips and salsa. Portions were fine, neither large nor small. But our food was actually good but bland. There was no salsa, of any kind in sight. When we asked for salsa we got two thimble sized containers of decent but unexciting vegetable puree of some sort. So, Los Ocampo really lacked the Mexican element. My companion gave it a 3 out of 10. I thought that was harsh. No doubt Chipotle is much better. They totally need to up their game. And, yes, some additional spiffing up would help.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

The inside looks nice and cheerful . Staff seem friendly
We were seated by the window . Which needed a good cleaning .
When we were seated they ask if you want chips and salas while you wait for your food . Then they tell you its 2.50 its a small portion . Dont bother .
I ordered the burrito, had way to much white rice not much flavor .
My husband ordered the Cheese Enchiladas It was a good size portions .
Over all the food was just ok . A little prices for not much flavor .
The place could use a good cleaning . Our table had hard food stuck to the table . The windows were pretty dirty . The rag the guy washed our table off seen better days .