“Needs improvement ”

Ranked #156 of 918 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

The inside looks nice and cheerful . Staff seem friendly
We were seated by the window . Which needed a good cleaning .
When we were seated they ask if you want chips and salas while you wait for your food . Then they tell you its 2.50 its a small portion . Dont bother .
I ordered the burrito, had way to much white rice not much flavor .
My husband ordered the Cheese Enchiladas It was a good size portions .
Over all the food was just ok . A little prices for not much flavor .
The place could use a good cleaning . Our table had hard food stuck to the table . The windows were pretty dirty . The rag the guy washed our table off seen better days .

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Great place to eat. Authentic Mexican food. Fast friendly service with great recommendations on selection of menu item that would appeal to us. Friendly prices for great food.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

The service was slow, the restaurant was dirty. There were tables that weren't bussed and staff was just standing around chatting.
The food was okay. Very large portions. They also have a children's menu. I will not go back here, there are much better places to eat. Our server was super friendly.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

My husband and I decided fairly late to eat out since I didn't feel like cooking but also didn't want to have to dress up. We tried Los Ocampo for the first time and we will go back.

My husband had an enchilada which he said was very good. It didn't look as smothered in sauce as they often do. I had fish tacos. The tacos were good but a little dry - however, to be fair I asked them not to include cheese which likely would have made them less dry. I would have preferred a little bit of spicy sauce of some kind.

We also had a side of sauteed veggies which were very tasty.

The service was prompt and the atmosphere is pleasant. We'll have to try in earlier in the day when the shades are not down on the windows to keep the sun out.

1  Thank StPaulAdnil
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I've been here many times and the food is good. My favorite dish is the Sopa de Marisco (I hope I spelled that correctly). There are big chucks of seafood and the soup broth is so good. I love spicy so I add extra peppers to the sauce. It is an awesome dish for cold weather.

But, tonight I had the fish tacos. They were good, but not as seasoned as I would have probably liked. Had to add extra hot sauce ;)

Although the food was good, there seemed to have only been one waiter while the restaurant was pretty full. There might have been more but I didn't see them. The service was a bit slow. Took awhile for him to come take our credit card. The food came out pretty quick though. He did his best to make sure we were ok. Good food, but please hire more help.