“Birthday Bang”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Made a November 2 visit. This is probably one of the last few places that offer a meal and fried ice cream for a birthday. Receiving both always brought me here. Something seemed off slightly this year. Perhaps the chips were nothing too special besides a regular tortilla chip. The salsa needs to be thicker. I've always ordered the super burrito and perhaps it's turning into a too American not really authentic dish. The fried ice cream didn't seem as crunchy or for some reason the portion seemed smaller. I've always had excellent service.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Mexican Village is one of my favorite places to eat at in St. Cloud. Their homemade salsa is to die for and I also am very attached to their strawberry daiquiris. Wear elastic-banded pants and your experience will be much more fun and enjoyable.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I have passed this place downtown, but did not stop til today. It is festive inside and inviting in the Mexican theme. Music is toooooo loud ! Staff is friendly, quick and attentive. I ordered Taco Salad, perfect size and good, also got chips and salsa. I would try this place again, perhaps with a margarita in the evening.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The food is average. Chips are from a bag and extra salty. Limited bar. Drinks come from a pre mixed container. Salsa is bland. Service folks are nice college kids and very polite. Service is good.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Hubby took me here to celebrate my birthday. Mexican Village offers a free meal and fried ice cream for dessert on your birthday. The staff will also sing for you if you want. (I chose not to do this.)

Our waitress started us out with chips and salsa and brought our drinks. I had the Wild Tostata Salad and hubby had a Seafood Salad. His salad portion was huge! Both salads were fresh and tasty. Our food came out very quickly! Our waitress checked on us frequently and was very friendly.

We had fun eating on the patio although it faces the street and can be noisy. One thing that would dress up the patio would be some flowers or maybe some herbs that could be used in their entrees.

Prices are reasonable.