“Excellent Pancakes & Syrup Plus Great Coffee in Deneen Pottery Mugs!”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #10 of 108 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: USD 7 - USD 14
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Welcome to the Twin Cities leading breakfast restaurants, where authentic recipes meet exceptional service in a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Many have tried, and few others have succeeded in the art of breakfast like we have. We invite you to see why we are The Original Pancake House!
Reviewed 23 May 2017

First time eating here based on recommendations from a friend. OHOP has three other locations in Edina, Burnsville and Eden Prairie. As it was a Saturday, there was a waiting list but for two people it was very easy to get a table. We were served coffee and water promptly and our server was very pleasant. I don't eat pancakes very often so they do offer a short stack and tall stack. I could not decide between the blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup or the banana pancakes with tropical syrup - I ended up with the banana short stack which included three pancakes. Although our food was delayed by almost 30 minutes (other people were served before us but arrived after us) I must say it was delicious! The manager came and apologized that our food shouldn't have taken that long and said "this meal is on me." I told her that wasn't necessary but it was a very nice gesture so we left a tip upon departure. I'm still giving them 4 stars because the food was so good. I get that things happen, and would definitely eat here again! They also have Deneen Pottery OHOP mugs in colorful stoneware colors that the coffee is served in, as well as the ability to purchase them at the front desk if you need a handmade souvenir from Minnesota!

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

This is where you go if you are HUNGRY! Wow. I would recommend sharing a meal because the portions are giant. We were seated right away and served by a lovely waitress named Ashley. She was fantastic! At her suggestion, I added the thick cut bacon to my entree. It is out of this world kind of good. Nothing like a greasy spoon, wimpy piece. In fact, I've never had bacon like that before. Don't miss if you are a bacon lover. My husband had the short stack of bacon pancakes and I had a short stack of cherry crepes. They were both very good and a nice variation of standard breakfast fare. As we were eating I saw people served omelettes and Dutch babies. I really think you could feed a family with one of each of those! All in all, great spot for a comfortable, coffee and conversation kind of meal. No rushed feeling, just good, attentive service and enough carbs to fuel a marathon.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Great service and food is very good. Pancakes are soft and light. Benedict dishes are wonderful, try the crab cake Benedict.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Took my niece out to lunch for her birthday. I had the raspberry French toast (small portion) & she had the strawberry crepes. Very delicious

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for an excellent breakfast/lunch venue, then this is the place for you! Since I was introduced to this restaurant by my cousin, I have never missed an opportunity to dine here on my many trips to Minnesota each year. The food is always delicious and the service is exceptional!