See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2017

i booked a room thru AAA last May for 5 nights and when i got there in August of last week the lady at the front desk ask for my confirmation number and it didn't come up, she made these excuses sayin it was a computer glitch..BULL CRAP!!! and she turn me away just blew me off and helped other customers i will NOT be back at this hotel again! i found another hotel behind this one and they took me in for 5 nights

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

The worst stay at motel6 yet. Had reserved for 6/20/2017 for 1 night since I was arriving late I only booked for that night wanted to see area in daylight. In the morning I went n payed for a second night then I got asked if I could move from 102 to 104 that a handycap was arriving Please note my room was regular it only had a button for hearing impaired I looked thru window and saw 104 was a total handycap room I told her No I was unpacked. Then on 6/21 I wanted to spend another night since things I wanted to see to far spread appart. I was told they where all sold out. So I went on internet n guess what rooms available so I booked n got confirmation for room 102 to stay in. A few min. Later manager came knocking on doors n told me in order to stay I had to move n gave me card for other room. So this morning as I took my dogs out I walked around n guess what no one was in room 102. These people put me thru hell. Go to Super8 or Red Roof excellent rooms n service and only cost 10$ more. I'm done with motel 6.Area was quiet n room was clean. Except I was watching Maids they had this pushmop for floors it was pitch black not once did I see her washing it out. Make sure you have Flip flops.I will call call Corporate office and file a complaint about this.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Annelie M
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Minneapolis North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Annelie, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

We stayed at the hotel in September. We booked the hotel due to it just being needed overnight after a football game. We should have went with our gut on how we felt when we first arrived. They have some clientele that would be considered questionable at best that made my family feel uncomfortable.

We were in the room enough to check in, have a drink and take off. Due to the NFL bag policy, both women left their purses in the room. We shut the door and left. Upon our arrival, it was discovered that my wallet and my mom's purse had been stolen. The door was faulty and did not close behind us properly. We did work with the hotel staff to ensure it was not an inside job. The location of this hotel is in an area that is known for crime. The officer told us that he is there at least on a weekly basis.

I would suggest spending the extra twenty bucks and going elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank aquainta
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

They've remodeled the rooms recently. The flooring is hardwood and the room is very clean. We stayed for 2 nights and the staff was very friendly. The room was affordable as well! I know they don't have the best reviews but they should be going up with the remodeling and friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Our room was newly redecorated. I loved the new laminate flooring--no sticky carpeting! The bathroom was really cute with a circular shower and a pedestal sink. The room was very clean! The beds were comfortable. Best of all, there was no smell of stinky chemicals or sprays, as there must be no lingering odors in the room.

This is an absolutely bare-bones no-frills motel. No free wi-fi, no breakfast, no refrigerator or coffee maker in the room. The walls are paper thin and it is a noisy place to stay.

Safety must be a concern, for the hotel staff (by request from the police department) required IDs from each adult staying in the room. The lobby is staffed round the clock, and there is a security man patrolling the parking lot and grounds.

While we had no problems during our stay, and I felt safe and secure behind the locked door, I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family