All reviews theater room social hour home theater offer dinner hot cold breakfast front desk awesome amenities free dinner fantastic stay bedroom suite quick drive mayo clinic regular hotel an extended period of time full size fridge spent one night min drive
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We had a large family gathering this past weekend (70+ people) for two nights. This hotel was perfectly suited to entertain all. It is easy walking distance to restaurants and grocery. The fitness center, pool, morning breakfast and spacious gathering room provided plenty of activity beyond the games and puzzles we enjoyed in the meeting room. There is even a movie room with comfy reclining chairs. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. And we met some lovely guests from other parts of the U.S. there. We really appreciated the 2 BR, 2 BA room for our family.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Miles J, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester - Commerce Dr NW, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some amazing comments regarding your experience during your stay with us at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that our hotel was perfectly suited to entertain your whole family during your reunion, you loved all of the amenities that we have to offer, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. It gives me a sense of pride and joy to hear that we are doing a great job exceeding the expectations of our guests. We strive to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests each and every time they stay with us. On that note, we look forward to you staying with us again in the future if you visit the Rochester area. We would be happy to host your family reunions again in the future. If you need assistance in booking future reservations or have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at miles.jennings@nhshotels.com or call the hotel at 507-280-9000.

Again, thank you for your amazing comments regarding your stay and recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

At check-in, I was upgraded without asking. The room was absolutely immaculate and very comfortable. I had to visit the front desk a few times, and the staff was always helpful and friendly. They have a free shuttle to Mayo Clinic and St. Mary's, and that was a HUGE plus! The breakfast was the normal breakfast, but they also offer three social nights - and it was nice not to have to get out in the evening after very tiring days at the hospital. I've stayed at several hotels in the Rochester MN area, and this one is above and beyond anything the others offer (plus, they have free parking).

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful comments regarding your experience during your stay with us at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that the room was absolutely immaculate and very comfortable, the staff was always helpful and friendly, and the evening social reception was an additional amenity that puts us above and beyond anything the other hotels offer in town. It gives me a sense of pride and joy to know that we are doing a great job exceeding our guests expectations and impressing our guests. We strive to provide an exceptional experience for each and every guest each time they stay with us. On that note, we look forward to you staying with us the next time you visit the Rochester area. If you need assistance in booking future reservations or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at miles.jennings@nhshotels.com or call the hotel at 507-280-9000.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments and recommending our hotel to other travelers.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I stay at Staybridge properties a great deal when I travel for work.

I have stayed at this one previously as well.

While the staff are all friendly and helpful, the property itself has gone downhill in the last 2 years.

Attention to detail isn't there, cleanliness isn't there either.

The pool area deck and tables don't seem to get cleaned, and there are rarely towels. The pool and hot tub do not seem well maintained either.

The dinners have really gone down. Fewer offerings and lower quality. There is often no I've in the soda machine , and tables are frequently not wiped to keep up with the crowd.

There is just an overall state of disrepair and lack of attention to detail.

They need to improve in all areas.

While I stated all staff were friendly, there is one gentlemen at the front desk who is not. He is rude to guests and seems easily triggered.
There is also a lady who works meals, who is very helpful and nice but who seems to bend the ear of any customer who will listen about her personal life and neverending troubles .
Maybe she knows these people? But from what I observed they just seem to be guests who get cornered and end up trying to be polite and enjoy their food while hearing about some sad story she has to share. She seems to never run out of them.

I guess for me , I feel it's inappropriate interaction and should happen in private.

I would also address poor housekeeping. Pet rooms are supposed to be thoroughly cleaned after use. Yet my room had dog hair everywhere, and I talked to others with similar experiences.

Again, It's just gone downhill in all areas from what I can tell..

Hopefully it improves, but I know for me and several of my colleagues..we won't be back.

Plenty of other places to stay in Rochester MN.

The location of this property is good

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank John S

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your experience during your stay with us at our hotel. I want to start by apologizing for not meeting all of your expectations during your stay. I would like to talk privately about the issues that you experienced. If you are interested in discussing the issues you experienced, please contact me directly at miles.jennings@nhshotels.com or call the hotel at 507-280-9000. I will be able to use your comments to further coach our staff and make Staybridge Suites in Rochester a better place to stay in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and I apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

This is by far the best Staybridge Suites I have stayed in to date. The place is immaculate and the front desk staff excellent. I have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite equipped with everything you would expect for an extended stay hotel. They even offer dinner as well as breakfast most weekdays. Even have a "home theater" room with plush furniture and big screen tv!
Enjoy!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Miles J, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester - Commerce Dr NW, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience during your stay with us at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you loved our facility and all of the amenities that we provide, especially the home theater room. I will make sure to let the staff know how much of an impact they had on your stay. We strive to provide an excellent experience for each of our guests each and every time they stay with us. It gives me a sense of pride and joy to hear that we are doing a GREAT job in exceeding guests expectations and providing a comfortable, friendly environment. We look forward to you staying with us the next time you visit the Rochester area. If you need assistance in booking future reservations or have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at fom@rochestersbs.com or call the hotel at 507-280-9000.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We spent one night at this Staybridge but there were many aspects of the facility and experience that were outstanding: high quality, clean, comfortable bed and furnishings in the room; great door lock/key card device and quiet closure; even the hallways were lovely; very accommodating staff; super nice taco and salad bar (and open bar) for supper was complimentary; nice pool with towels; they have a theater room with big comfy recliners and lots of movies to choose from at the front desk. Nice choices at breakfast bar (scrambled eggs with topping options; fruit; yogurt; cereals; bagels; toast; etc.).

Room tip: Very quiet location with no buildings next door and no lights shining up at the outside of the hotel.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review regarding your experience during your stay with us at our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that there were so many things that you loved about our hotel including the morning breakfast, pool area, theater room, and complimentary evening social reception. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to the Rochester area. If you need assistance in booking future reservations or have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at fom@rochestersbs.com or call the hotel at 507-280-9000.