“Do not eat at this Hotel”

Kahler Inn and Suites
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I had the absolutely worst restaurant experience I have EVER had at the restaurant at this hotel. The waiter was very rude(do not remember his name but he had a ponytail, not that matters, just so you will know) he was rude to my Grandchildren when they where trying to decide their drinks, I am taking seconds. He said he was busy and did not have time for this, the kids where being good, they just wanted to know what they could have. We asked for condiments, water, a extra plate, and napkins, when he could please, never got them, I got the ketchup and mustard, we had hamburgers and fries, my wife went to the bar to get water. When the food came we never saw the waiter again. I had to get the Manager. Who told me what do you want from me, our staff is doing a great job. I told him the kids want their deserts and I would like the bill. This is not a cheap place to eat either. Thats ok I do not mind paying for a good meal our good service. I have to travel a lot for business. This was for family a treat, not do much at this restaurant DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT YOU WILL BE SORRY
Again the absolutely worst service I have had in my life at a restaurant!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor P
KGManager, Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Victor P

I am disappointed to hear about the service you received from the staff at CB3 restaurant. I can assure that this is not the norm and we will definitely alert the appropriate manager and staff.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Hotel staff friendly. Rooms clean. Great location atop Caribou coffee and Jimmy Johns! Connected to subway level and close to great restaurants. Has a pool, fitness center , free breakfast, free wifi...all you need! The front desk gave my son and I her personal umbrella to borrow to walk to dinner during an unexpected downpour.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Shari B

We are delighted that we met your expectations on your recent stay at the Kahler Inn and Suites and that you were able to enjoy the many amenities. We look forward to serving you on your next visit in Rochester!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is an older Hotel but very clean and nice. But, the beds were so hard none of us were able to sleep, I am not sure if they replaced the mattresses and they downgraded or if we ended up on an old ones. I have stayed here many times and never had an issue. If they did upgrade all there mattresses then they need to re-think it, we will not be returning, none of us could sleep.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KGManager, Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear LeeAnn J

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback like yours helps us improve. I am sorry you found the mattress too hard for your liking. I will be sure to look in to this issue with the housekeeping staff.

Sincerely

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Great location. Nice hotel but getting a little tired. Rooms are nicely laid out open suites. Good internet and tv service. Breakfast was a disappointment...room was messy and many food items empty. Helpful staff. Great access to Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear JDavef

Thank you for choosing the Kahler Inn and Suites for your recent stay in Rochester. We are happy you enjoyed the suite, internet and TV service. I will pass on your feedback regarding the complimentary breakfast. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My mom and I stayed at the Kahler Inn and Suites for one night on August 6, 2017. She has stayed their several times through the years when she has had checkups at the Mayo Clinic because it is conveniently located nearby and within easy walking distance through an underground tunnel. We stayed on the 8th (top) floor and it was very quiet. The included breakfast was very good, with a nice variety of cereal, fruit, waffles, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, Nutrigrain bars, and several different options for beverages. Our room was clean and there was a refrigerator in it, which was nice, but we wished it would have had a microwave in it, too. We asked an employee if there was anywhere in the hotel that we could use a microwave to reheat something, and he said that unfortunately there wasn't, but he also wished the rooms would have microwaves in them because people frequently ask him that same question. The beds were comfortable, and although the hotel is showing its age in a few areas, I would highly recommend it. I am giving the hotel four stars instead of five, only because our room did not include a microwave.

Stayed: August 2017
KGManager, Manager at Kahler Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear M S

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the convenience to the Mayo Clinic. I will pass on your advice regarding microwaves in the rooms or at least available for guest use.