All reviews canadian honker underground parking mary's hospital across the street dvd library two bedroom suite mayo clinic free laundry evening snacks home away from home mini kitchen light meal pots and pans st mary s small kitchenette stove top heart surgery
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here due to a medical necessity at mayo. They worked with Ronald Mcdonald to give us a good rate.
The place is totally convenient being right across from mayo st Mary’s hospital, so we can come across the street and get rest in the hotel and a great breakfast and shower.

Also, they have free laundry for tenants.
Best part was they looked out for me and found me and walked to me to follow up and tell me they got me a room for the night they were sold out, so we didn’t have to move.
They were super working with us and flexible in getting us booked quickly and extending it when our needs required it.
So thankful for their help. They really looked out for us.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so glad that our location, services and staff worked well for your needs. Thank you so much for staying with us - we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

We stayed here while at Mayo clinic appointments. its a relatively short walk to Mayo or just across the street from St. Mary's campus. It was well located for appointments. The parking garage is difficult to get in and out of. The parking is tight and with only one exit and entrance it can be awkward. It can be difficult to turnaround when the lot is full. It is covered which is a plus. The hotel is far too loud. Maybe some of the rooms are better. As we had stayed years ago when this was a Staybridge Suites. The room we had all we could hear all night long was I believe the heating system. We got very little sleep each night as a result. The room itself was a great size. It had a small kitchenette. It was somewhat updated.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for your review of the Aspen Suites - we appreciate it when people take the time to share their experience. I am glad that our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed the size of your room. I am sorry that your heating system in your room was too loud. Please let us know next time and we can try and different room or correct the problem for you. Our covered, secure garage is great in bad weather, but can by tricky to park in. Please note that the outer garage does not have any pillars to park around, some peope find it easier to park on that side. We thank you for your business and hope that we can exceed your expectations in the future. Thanks, Laurel.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We picked this hotel because of the warm feeling I got from the photos on the website and it met the criteria on the visit. It does have a lovely lobby, seating, business and TV lounge area. I didn’t visit the pool so can’t say. The room was comfortable, quiet and had a nice kitchen. There is obvious thought that was put into the seating in the room (recliner and couch) for when people visit who may not be well.

Here is where I give the 3* - the one elevator is a concern when you have to serve so many people - especially people who may not be ambulatory. It takes a lot of time to get to you and worry if it goes out of service what would happen. The other thing that happened is the key pad for entry from both the garage and outside parking area weren’t working well. I went to the desk to let them know (I was frustrated) and the receptionist (guy with hat) could not have been more condescending when I told him about it. At the end I said to him you’re like an IT help desk telling me it’s user error. He pointed at his head and said “think smart”! OMG!!! The good news is the repairman was there too and said it probably needs to be reprogrammed; so the next time I went to use the door it worked first time. The receptionist needs to be taught customer service 101 or find a new job!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Thank you for your comments - it helps up to improove. I am glad that you found our hotel to be warm and accommodating and comfortable. I am very disappointed in our front desk staff and know who you are speaking about and will address his comments immediately - completely unacceptable. I am so sorry for his flippant remarks - it is not our standard and will not be tolerated. I am glad that our maintenance staff was able to help you in the end. Again, please accept my sincerely apology for this inconcisiderate remarks - we will use this as a stern teaching moment. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

I am currently in night one of a two night stay. I have heard somone’s hacking cough while talking in a baby voice on the phone behind us, stomping and laughing above us, and family shouting about the pool next door to us for the past two hours. I have literally NEVER been in a hotel with so little sound proofing.

If that doesn’t bother you, however, the rooms are clean and as described and the staff has been friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Laurel S, Owner at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

I am sorry you are experiencing some extreme noise in your room, this is not a complaint that we get very often. If you have another night to stay - we would like the opportunity to move you to a quieter location. Thank you for mentioning that the rooms are clean and the staff has been helpful - we appreciate that. Again - stop by the front desk - we would like the opportunity to make your next night a quite one! Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stayed at Aspen Suites for almost 2 weeks while being treated at The Mayo Clinic. The location is very convenient, the frequent shuttles to the various locations make it easy to get to appointments in all locations. The hotel is a quiet and comfortable place after a stressful day.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you very much for this kind review. I am glad that we could provide a clean and comfortable place for you at the end of a stressful day. Thank you for staying with us - we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Laurel.