USD 125
Hotels.com
USD 137
Country Inn
USD 155
Best Price Inn(Rochester)(Great Value!)
USD 74
USD 519
  • Pool
All reviewsunderground parkingcanadian honkermary's hospitalacross the streetdvd librarymayo clinictwo bedroom suiteevening snackssmall kitchenhome away from homefree laundrypots and pansfull size refrigeratorstove topheart surgerylight dinnercaribou coffee
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We traveled to Mayo Rochester to see if they could help our daughter. One of my wife's sisters had stayed at Aspen Suites and recommended it to us. We had a two bedroom suite, with a kitchenette and a common room with couch, recliner, and TV. It worked out perfectly for our stay. Aspen Suites is on the shuttle route for the Mayo system, and we never moved out car until we left. Under ground parking is available and is quite nice. Aspen Suites offers breakfast every morning and a light dinner week nights, as well as fresh coffee all day long! Then entire staff was a joy - smiles, hellos, and help whenever needed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Aspen Suites and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Rochester!

Room Tip: They have a multitude of room styles, so explain your needs when you make your reservation,
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you so much for this generous 5 star review! We are grateful that you mentioned so many positives about your recent hotel stay. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and our evening social. Thank you so much for staying with us - we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

3-19-18 We booked two nights as suggested by our Mayo physician pending a procedure I was having done the next day, 3-20-18, across the street at St Mary's hospital.

The check in was done quickly and we found our room to be spotless and spacious. That night they served a free light meal from about 5:30 to 7. A great hot breakfast was served the next morning.

Since my procedure went so well I was told I didn't have to stay 30 minutes from Rochester as earlier suggested.

Just before noon we showed back up at the hotel to see if we could cancel that night. The woman with no name tag said sure and immediately called housekeeping to tell them we were doing an early checkout and she would prepare our bill. We were only charged for one night.

What a great ex[perience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you so much for this generous 5 Star review! It is great to hear that your check-in went well and you found your room to be clean and spacious! It is great that you booked directly with the hotel and had the advantage to leave early - we do understand that is a good thing when you get to go home early from hospital appointments! Thank you very much for staying with us - we appreciate your business. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We came to Rochester for a visit this past weekend and have never stayed at this hotel so we thought that we would give it a try. Not as impressed with the hotel as I thought I would be, laid out very poorly. I actually feared for my life as if there was a fire in this hotel you would not make it out quickly as there is very few ways to get to any kind of stairs quickly. There are several turns that you would have had to make before you would make it to an exit. The Breakfast was poor, food was always gone and took over 20 mins for them to make more. In our room it was full of lady bugs in the lights and on the window upholstery. The beds were rock hard it felt like you were sleeping on the floor, and the bedding was old and not very soft. The best part of this hotel is the underground parking, it was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello and thank you for your review. This is good information for us to improve. I am sorry that you had to wait for breakfast food - it was a busy weekend for sure. Just a note about the stairwells - there is a stair well at each end of the hall. The hallway is shaped like an L and is long - but there are two stairwells besides the elevator. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy our beds or the bedding and will share this concern with our executive housekeeper. These are not comments that we like to hear - but they do help us to improve where improvements need to be made. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Warm Regards, Laurel.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We asked for early check-in, but had to wait three hours after normal check-in time. The person who checked us in was extremely curt and unapologetic, and the manager my wife talked to, was very condescending and also unhelpful. When my wife told her that she would be staying one more night, she actually became angry and demanded that the hotel clerk check our reservation, as if my wife had to be lying.

This is the only hotel I have ever stayed in that only had one elevator. Strange considering how relatively new this hotel is, and considering how close to a major hospital it is.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

I am sorry that I was perceived as being rude when you checked into the hotel during a very busy time. I certainly did not mean to come across that way, but I do not disagree we were very rushed trying to get things finished for all the check-ins and understand that this can come across as rude, but it shouldn't. I do understand that it is disappointing when rooms are not ready when we expect them to be. It is fortunate that you had a few rooms in your party so you had somewhere comfortable to wait. I also hope that you enjoyed the complimentary use of our conference room that is normally $75.00 a day and that was at least a plus for your stay. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience and hope that you accept my apology.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at Aspen Suites for 4 days while she was seen at Mayo Clinic. The hotel was very nice and the staff was accommodating. Our one bedroom suite was priced more reasonably than other suites closer to Mayo. Parking was free at the hotels underground garage. It’s only a few minutes drive to Gonda and Mayo buildings. Breakfast was free and good. We enjoyed renting a dvd from their front desk. The free shuttle was convenient as well. We would stay there again if we need to come back to Rochester.

Stayed: March 2018
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for this generous 4 Star Review and for taking the time to share so many positives about the hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to make it 5 Stars next time! I am glad that you enjoyed our secure parking, complimentary shuttle and that you enjoyed our free DVD's as well. Thank you for staying with us - we appreciate your business! Warm Regards, Laurel.