“yum”

Twigs Tavern & Grille
Ranked #12 of 303 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rochester's only restaurant with a dedicated Gluten-Free kitchen. Discover a unique and exciting dining experience at Twigs Tavern and Grille. Locally owned, Twigs offers many delectable menu options in a warm atmosphere. Gather around our Hot Rock Grilling or enjoy several small plates. You and your guests will enjoy a truly memorable dining experience.
Chatfield, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yum”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The martinis are awesome and the food is delicious. If you are looking for something unique.

Rochester
“Grill your own food on a hot rock”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Hot rock comes to your table and then you grill your food. Really fun for a group. Fun atmosphere and excellent outdoor patio. Good service

Liz H, Manager at Twigs Tavern & Grille, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at Twigs Tavern and Grille. We are so happy that you enjoyed your hot rock experience and we were able to provide you with outstanding service we pride ourselves in. We hope that you will dine with us again soon. Thanks again!

Minneapolis, MN
“Wanted so badly to be impressed, but...”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I had high expectations going into Twigs with friends for the first time after hearing good things. Walking in, I was very impressed by the warm, cozy decor. Thats about where the good things stopped. Upon being seated, our waitress failed to impress, as I am a former restaurant manager myself. She seemed very pushy when it came to getting our orders and was very persistent, while we were in no hurry, and would have preferred to sit and visit for a bit while enjoying our drinks and catching up with each other.

Once we got our meals, no one in my group was too thrilled. One of us got the wrong salad dressing; another had asked for her dish with no olives, but she got olives; another asked for a refill on her drink and it never came. Once we finished our main meals, we were hoping the desserts would be the saving grace. We had seen servers at other tables bringing a dessert tray to all the tables and explaining the dishes. Our server never even stopped to ask how our meals were, if she could bring us anything else, or if we were interested in dessert. Unfortunately, we had to ask her if we could see the dessert trays. The desserts were good, but we shouldn't have had to ask for them.

Overall, I think this restaurant is a bit overrated and overpriced. I'm not sure that I would go back.

• Visited January 2012
Liz H, Manager at Twigs Tavern & Grille, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Twigs Tavern and Grille. I am saddened that we failed to give you the exceptional service we want to give all of our guests. Your comments are appreciated and have been discussed in detail. We apologize that your server was not as attentive as we have trained them to be. We have met with all of our Twigs team and reviewed our training to ensure that this does not happen again. We thank you for your patronage and hope that you will give us another chance and dine with us again. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, liz@soldiersfield.com if you have any additional questions or concerns.

maloneymoni@yahoo.com
“Just Ok.”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Cooking on the stone at our table was a fun. Ok food. Ok prices. Ok atmosphere.

Liz H, Manager at Twigs Tavern & Grille, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience at Twigs Tavern and Grille. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed cooking on the Hot Rock. Your comments are appreciated and we hope that you dine with us again soon. Thanks again!

Wisconsin
“Bait and switch”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I ordered food from this restaurant via a local, delivery service after reviewing the menu on Twigs website. The fish was supposed to come with grilled mushrooms and onions, according to their menu. Neither were included. They offer a side of wild rice, with no other description. What came was white rice with less than 5% wild rice , a much cheaper alternative, and not what I expected. They threw a lot of plain broccoli on top, which i did not order. Some of it was turning brown, too.

The pear salad was mostly iceberg lettuce, much of which had brown edges. A few leaves of spinach were thrown in, but some of those were badly spoiled.

When I called both the delivery service and then the restaurant, neither offered any type of discount or refund on the almost $50 I paid for this dinner, once all taxes and tips were added. Their only offer was to deliver some grilled onions an hour after the original delivery. Not acceptable!
The delivery service is one I have used before, with good results. However I would not order an expensive dinner through them again, because there is no way to send back something that is other than what was ordered.

• Visited December 2011