All reviews free parking first floor refrigerator and microwave short walk room was large coffee maker mayo clinic visit mayo patients across the street subway surgery shuttle bedding downtown
Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were looking for a very low-budget option ($62/night) for the weekend for an event northeast of town, and this fit the bill beautifully. I actually wanted to give it 3.5 stars, because the facility is in need of updates, but the value for the price is great.

The negatives:
The bathroom is quite small.
The beds need replacing - the mattresses were clearly worn and uneven, although not so much that we couldn't sleep on them.
The entire facility needs an update - decor is dated, and the use of space is criminal for how poor it is. On the plus side, we could tell that some rooms were being updated while we were there.
We couldn't find the heating/cooling room controls (although this didn't matter, because whatever they were set at worked well for us).
The wi-fi was extremely inconsistent - annoying if you want to watch netflix, very irritating if you are a gamer (a godsend if you are a parent of a gamer).
The fan in the bathroom is situated right above the tub, so if you run it while you're showering, you'll be cold pretty quickly.

The positives:
The rooms are huge with one window looking into the middle of the building and one on the opposite side looking outside.
We were told at the desk that we couldn't have a refrigerator and microwave included in our price, but those were already installed in the room, clearly permanently, when we got in! This was HUGE because we were on a very tight budget, and frozen meals were the plan for the weekend instead of eating out.
The front desk staff were very helpful.
The breakfast (included) was high in carbs, but plentiful.
The facility was quiet, although I don't know if that was because there were so few people staying there over the weekend or because it was built that way.
The entire place, while dated-looking, was scrupulously clean (which surprised me).
The bedding was of good quality - I particularly enjoyed the blanket, which seemed to be high-count cotton sateen on one side and a fleece-like material on the other, edged on all sides with satin. That seems silly, but it took me back to my childhood, and it was a blanket type that I've never seen used in a hotel.
It's very near Mayo, and also within 1.5 miles of a couple of different grocery stores, restaurants, and so forth. The map tells me that it was right in the middle of downtown, although our event was on the northeast side, so we didn't spend much time in downtown Rochester.
Free parking!!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Meg S
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Boy did I find a jewel ! Thou small, I’d give it a 4 star, big rooms, FREE parking, FREE shuttle to Mayo Clinic front door, FREE Breakfast that’s was quite nice.
They have/are remodeling it floor by floor and doing it well, sitting room for breakfast wonderful- fireplace and tv.
The best part- I was 2-3 minutes from the Clinics main door. And you walk thru the parking lot, cross the street and you’re at Mayo!
Don’t be scared, there’s so much help and kindness there- you’ll be fine :-).
They had a price of 87.00 for Mayo patients but was told price would go up to around 100.00 once remolding was done. Parking breakfast and shuttle well worth it.
As you go into Rodchester ( use gps easier) , the main road you’ll see a hyvee Grocery store, if you have a car use that as where you eat, deli, hot dinners, is fantastic.
Or eat at the Mayo Clinic, was told food is excellent.
Hope this helps, it will at least make a first timer feel safe. I gave it 4 star but I rarely give 5.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shonnie H
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Our room was large and clean. The bathroom fan was noisy so we didn't use it. It had a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

The soda machine on the 3rd floor was completely empty. I didn't bother checking out the other one on the first floor.

Breakfast was very sparse. I couldn't eat do to surgery and my wife opted to skip what little they had and eat at the clinic.

It is only a very short walk to Mayo Clinic. We were able to leave our car in their parking lot to 2 pm.

You get what you pay for. We were happy and will stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 999greggs
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Our experience was terrible! We booked through Priceline. When we got there the woman told us that she didn't think there was a room available. She said there might be one, but she'd have to check if it was clean. She went upstairs for quite a bit of time to check, came back down and told us that it looked pretty clean but was not actually cleaned, but we could have it anyway! Disgusting! Obviously we didn't take it, and they made no attempt to help us find another room. I can only imagine how well there rooms are kept if she was willing to give us an I cleaned room! We had stayed here previously, and wasn't the cleanest, but will never stay here again based on this interaction and attempt to openly give us an uncleaned room! The only thing good is its location to Mayo and free parking. Don't bother otherwise!

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 2 February 2017

This is a relic of a hotel...It should be removed. Bathrooms are dirty, vents clank in a filthy black hole in the wall . The sprayed on texture in the ceiling contains the dust and dirt of another millennium (literally). We stayed one night because we arrived late....

Date of stay: January 2017