All reviews would stay here again room was clean and comfortable continental breakfast lobby checkin mn cleanliness accommodations rates fireplace
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Four couples traveled together, only one couple had no issues here.
I checked in first, the room appeared clean at first, then I found the toilet was plugged, all water had drained too. I was back at the desk before my friends finished checking in and was upgraded to a suite.
On my way to the suite one of my friends was on her way back because their room hadn't been cleaned at all, bad unmade, wet towels on floor, they had to store luggage in another friend's room while the front desk staff cleaned it.
During the night the 3rd couple her someone using a key card to unlock their door and only the bar/hinge lock kept them from entering, the next morning T check out the staff said the room she was trying to pay for had not bee. Rented out the night before, it was quite a snafu and left us wondering if they thought the room was vacant why someone tried to gain. Entry in the middle of the night
In our suite I noticed a fresh looking blood spot on my husband's pillow case and went to check his face, but his skin was perfectly intact, so the blood wasn't from us! I think they made the bed with out changing the sheets.

The staff was apologetic as issue came up, but didn't seem all that surprised.
We will not be staying at this hotel again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Warm, welcoming hotel—Dawn at front desk is the best! Clean, neat rooms, simple and satisfying continental breakfast. Great value for the money, easy to find, plenty of parking. Wish the smoking area hadn’t been next to our A/C unit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Nice clean hotel in Red Wing. They were pretty dead when we checked in. Found out they were remodeling a bunch of there rooms. Our stay was three nights and was great. They have cookies for you at the front desk. The breakfast was huge and had options for everyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We stayed with a large block of rooms for a fall wedding. The staff was great, the common area had a fire place and room to sit. The have a basic continental breakfast and a small eating area in the lobby. The rooms seemed like they could use an upgrade, the bathroom was small, with a very small vanity. You needed instructions, with pictures, to figure out the shower. The beds were comfortable, the easy chair was stained. Not much noise, we were on the first floor. An average place, with ok rates, and a friendly staff.

Room Tip: Certainly no view, not sure one room is any better than another.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ChrisM_AGM, Manager at Nichols Inn Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear 97Rick97,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Nichols Inn! We appreciate that you took time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate the constructive feedback you provided as well, it gives us insights on improvements. Our building was built very well and the rooms are very resistant to outside noises. We are happy to know that you noticed! I completely agree with the great staff comment as well. We are very proud of our employees for their fantastic customer service skills and hospitality. Thank you again for choosing Nichols Inn in Red Wing! We hope to see you again next time!

Chris

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Staff was excellent!! I had messed up my reservation and they were super helpful to get me in a room! They also recommended super at Kelley's were we had a great salad!! Breakfast the next morning was very good!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
ChrisM_AGM, Manager at Nichols Inn Red Wing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

JazyJane,
Thank you for the excellent comments about our staff and accommodations. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for choosing Nichols Inn, we hope to see you the next time you are in the area!

Chris