“Spectacular Sushi”

Sakana Sushi and Asian Bistro
Ranked #17 of 105 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I have just started to eat sushi so my daughter brought be to Sakana. What a lovely restaurant. The staff was knowledgeable & gave us great service. We had the edamame, a phyllie roll & a special sushi roll with tempura shrimp- very delicous! Will be going back soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went for a late sushi dinner here and the meal, atmosphere, and sushi prep was just terrific.

Also, the sushi chef, Bar (pronounced bear) and his wife Mindy were incredibly gracious hosts and made us feel right at home.

Bar cut his chops for many years in Manhattan and it shows.

Drinks were reasonably priced and, well the Vikings won as well...so all and all, just a great evening.

Note that we had more traditional sushi items so we can't comment on the BBQ side as we did not participate. The menu also has some interesting items that mix traditional sushi with BBQ'D steak, etc. We did not try those as we were in more of a main-stream sushi mode but we will probably venture into that menu next time.

Hope you enjoy, we did.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I had dinner with my wife for the third time in 2 months . The food is excellent and the service is as well. If your In the mood for good Asian cooking , this is the place. You will not be disappointed.
Ron

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

First, it was not busy but it took our waitress over 15 minutes to even acknowledge us and get drink orders. Second, I was disappointed they no longer cook the hibachi in front of you. Third, the fried rice cost extra and just looked like white rice with brown sauce in it. I don't think the amount of food we got was sufficient for the price paid.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

When my daughter told me going to a Japanese restaurant for my wife's birthday. I thought it would be so so. However, the restaurant changed my opinion about Japanese restaurant. It was fresh, tasty, and bountiful. My daughter opted for Hibachi. We loved it with several appetizers like shrimp wontons, raw tuna, seaweed... And ribs, pork, beef...for grilling. Last but not least s'mores for dessert. All is good. We had leftovers to bring home, too. Since it was my wife's birthday so she had a free ice cream dish but she had to wear a Chinese mask. What a memorable dining experience!