All reviews main property roy lake breakfast buffet gull lake bedroom cabin golf villas ox indoor pool girls weekend banana boat gas fireplace italian garden family vacation beautiful property relaxing weekend full kitchen jacuzzi tub
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Had a conference at the Grand View Lodge. The conference center was very nice. The food served was very good. Way better than your standard conference food. The resort has a nice layout with many activities. The two bedroom cabin was nice and close to the lake. This place shines after dark. All the pathways are well lit. Looks like it would be a fun place to check out for a family vacation.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
MarkTine, Public Relations Manager at Grand View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

John H,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will definitely share your review with our culinary team! Thanks again!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Visited Grand View Lodge for my brother's wedding. I thought the grounds at Grand View Lodge were immaculate and the place was very peaceful. The wedding could not have been more elegant. The weather helped the experience immensely, but the facilities were well maintained despite preserving their rustic appeal. No complaints here.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Michael F,

We are so glad that you enjoyed our resort as a wedding guest. Thank you for writing us a review. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

We are timeshare owners so we rarely travel in our own state of Minnesota. This was our first time at a Minnesota resort of any kind and I think we found the best! The property is just stunning with the towering pine trees and the flowers, lake shore,and historic lodge. The property was in the caliber of some really nice resorts we have been to in Sedona and California, which was impressive. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and made you feel at home. My first surprise is when our room was ready early, which we really appreciated since we were only spending two days here. It was the earliest check-in we have experienced anywhere. Also, there were so many free activities included in our stay and we learned we could use the bikes and kayaks with no time limits and was also included in our stay. We did a paddle board tour which was a first for both of us.The young gal who brought us was very fun to talk with and we enjoyed the whole experience. I really want to own a paddle board now! The Specialized bikes we rented were so comfortable it felt like I could have biked all day. Both my husband and I want to trade in our bikes now! Haha. The banana boat ride was so much fun too! We also took a relaxing and fun pontoon ride around the lakeshore. For dinner, we decided to try their dinner buffet. I was a little skeptical if we made the right choice but we were told most everything is made from scratch. Out of all the dinner choices we had, we were not disappointed. The wild mushroom lasagna in itself paid for the meal. It was that good! There were gourmet cheeses that were so delicious and the tea choices they gave were excellent and the flavor was so fresh. We checked out the cute Chocolate Ox building to see what kind of ice cream flavors there were, and I was shocked they did offer my favorite licorice chip although they ran out of it. The bigger cabin unit we stayed at was very clean and modern. When I booked with Expedia I thought we were getting one of the little cabins right on Lake Roy so was a little disappointed, but the ease of access to the bike trail and being able to paddle board on Lake Roy and our early checkin more than made up for it. (Our bigger cabin with single unit was just up from the shoreline cabins.) If we would have had time would have loved to experience the spa and I would have enjoyed meditating at the cute white chapel. I love to swim so I would have been disappointed in the pool area that although beautiful big windows facing gull lake, it smelled strong of chlorine, probably from the kids. Next year they are opening a new indoor and outdoor pool. I am hoping they have an adult only pool or saltwater pool to use then. They are also expanding their already amazing spa and including a workout facility so next year is the year to go if you are thinking of coming here. I look forward to our next stay! We definitely will be back at least once a year, but their winter activities sound fun too! I wonder if they rent fat bikes? I would definitely come in winter too! Thank you GVL for the amazing time we had here! Two days was too short but can't say enough about what a classy historic gem this property is!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MarkTine, Public Relations Manager at Grand View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

XanGogirl,

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and were treated with high-quality service. We're sorry that the pool facility didn't meet your expectations but we are excited about our new recreation center, NorthPark. The indoor pool will have swim lanes so it is planned to have a designated time for swim lap swimming for adults. We definitely recommend Glacial Waters Spa for your next trip or even one of our culinary weekends Brewfest, de'Vine, or Distilled in the winter months. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you back!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Great up north lodge lake county atmosphere. The grounds are well maintained, the lake is one of the states premier lakes, there are many things to do, or just relax on the beach by the water. Great property.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
MarkTine, Public Relations Manager at Grand View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Thanks James G for the kind review. We appreciate it and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stay at Grandview for the food and accommodations. Restaurants are amazing and the service is excellent. Make sure that you make use of all the things there are to do and don‘t miss the spa! Do the the food plan. You will definitely get your money‘s worth.

Stayed: September 2018

Jennifer M,
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate your positive feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay and your experience with us!