Grand View Lodge
USD 85*
USD 76*
Good Ol' Days Family Resort(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
USD 156*
Lost Lake Lodge(Nisswa)(Great Value!)
USD 215*
Nisswa Motel(Nisswa)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsmain propertyroy lakeglacial watersbreakfast buffetgull lakemeal plangranite countersbedroom cabingolf villasgirls weekendtown homesindoor poolgas fireplaceoxitalian gardenfull kitchenice fishing
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My time at Grand View Lodge was excellent! They have lots of recreational activities for guests. They have an excellent staff that will help you out with whatever you need. My mom and I got massages, and they were excellent, top of the line. I got the Glacial Rain Hydrotherapy Massage and it was a very relaxing atmosphere, and an excellent experience. Housekeeping does a wonderful job keeping the rooms clean. And for you golfers out there, the greens are well kept, beautiful scenery, just overall three very nice courses. This place is awesome, highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Our family of four was booked in the same 'men's FAN cabin' in Oct 2010 Why? I have no idea. Father, mother & two girls. What a nightmare. Our girls were thrilled with TVs everywhere but it was not the getaway we were expecting. We had never traveled 'up north' in MN previously & this was our cabin. Blech. I used clorox wipes everywhere. We left this trip Laughing at Grand View & all the families that had told us it was a great place. No way--never would go back.

This story has a happy ending. We decided to give GVL another try this fall at the urging of our friends. We stayed at the Interlachen town homes this year after our earlier reservations were double-booked. The accommodations could not have been more beautiful & we had an amazing time!!

So pleased that we gave GVL another try. It was a wonderful experience for our family. We still laugh at our 'FAN weekend' but love the experience from this year! Goes from a 1 star to a 5 star!!

Room Tip: Tell them what you want & don't want. I had NO IDEA where we were getting booked the first time. Sincerely, the gal that booked our room was excited to give me the FAN upgrade. Gag.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy-0-
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend here with our infant daughter, to celebrate my birthday. We had booked a one bedroom suite at The Pines, somewhat last minute. The day before we were to arrive, I received a call from GVL, wondering if we would like a free upgrade to a stand-alone one bedroom cabin (due to a larger party staying at The Pines). Loved it! We got here in the evening, and it was a bit confusing to find our cabin, but once we found it, we were pleasantly surprised. A fire was laid out in the wood burning fireplace, just waiting for a match. (we had to call the front desk for matches, but they quickly and cheerfully complied). The cabin was just perfect! Wood fireplace, leather furniture, nice little eating area, plenty of storage space, large, clean bathroom with whirlpool tub. Plush clean carpets, not the generic indoor/outdoor stuff at many cabins. Lots of hot water, and it felt like the bathroom floor was heated. Beds were comfortable, property was quiet. The only downsides to the experience were the weak shower head and they didn't give us more coffee for the second day, , but overall, a great experience. We didn't use any of the resort amenities, but did eat breakfast in the lodge both mornings. Great breakfast, and friendly waitstaff. This was our first time at Grand View Lodge, but it certainly won't be our last... A perfect, relaxing weekend! Side note: Black Bear Lodge has great food if you need a decent casual restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Happymommy6
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My husband and I traveled north to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family and opted to stay at the Grand View Lodge. We stayed in a room at the Lodge and were very pleased with the accommodations. Warm and cozy and the bed was quite comfortable. A small refrigerator was available, which was convenient and the room also contained a small sitting/dining area. The wonderful view was of the grounds and the lake.. We were early arriving, but were pleased to find that our rooom was ready. We were greeted warmly and professionally by the front desk clerk who quickly had us registered and on our way, but not before answering questions related to the Lodge amenities. Breakfast was busy given the holiday and the food options on the buffet were sufficient enough to keep everyone happy. I'm sorry that we didn't have dinner at the Lodge as I'm certain it would have been very nice. The only downside to breakfast was having to navigate the small children allowed to run/roam freely throughout the two rooms. I think having a separate room to accommodate larger parties would have permitted those of us seeking a quiet breakfast, to have just that. What is it about going on vacation that has common courtesy flying right out the window? The breakfast staff was attentive, friendly and professional

The grounds are vast and having to walk from the Lodge to the pool area was a bit brisk. If you aren't able bodied, this could prove to be a challenge as well. I took a tour of the spa are and was quite impressed. Parking wasn't the greatest, but we managed. The bar area in the Lodge was a nice place for an after dinner drink or Sunday Bloody Mary (yummy). The pool was a smaller version of a water park and there was a very nice fitness area. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay, it's a nice family resort and look forward to visiting in the summer.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the lake is the way to go.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank krdonz
Reviewed 5 January 2012

As I now live in England with my husband and children, a visit to Grand View Lodge was the perfect setting to show off the best of what the North has to offer. From horse and wagon rides, to laser tag, to Ski Gull only miles away, to bonfires and so much more, we never ran out of activities for the children. However due to the horrendous accommodations we were given, it was impossible to relax. Upon first impression of our cabin was a large beer sign, inappropriate for a young family! That was just the tip of the iceberg. The bathrooms smelled so terrible of human urine that we were all gagging. The children's bedroom had an awful stench as well, and we are still unsure of what that was. The kitchen was only clean on the surface, when we opened cupboards and drawers, things were filthy. The heating system did not work properly e.g. the lounge was freezing cold and the bedrooms were sweltering. The fireplace doors were broken meaning we were unable to light a fire to counteract this problem (can't have an open fire with toddlers running around). The floors were never vacuumed, various other things in the cabin were broken, including the toilet. Things got to be so bad that we left one day early, mostly due to the stench of the cabin but also due to our children becoming ill from the poorly run heating system. The cabin was definitely a "bachelor pad" and kitted out for a boy's vacation. It would have been somewhat suitable for my husband and father, not my children. I expected fond memories to have been made, and some were. But when we all look back at this experience I know we will not be keen on revisiting Grand View Lodge anytime in the near future. We expressed all of these complaints to the staff, and were reimbursed for the night which we did not stay, rightly so. However, I feel that the low rating is due to value for money, and expectations which were not met. I asked for photos of the cabin two months before our stay, and they were never sent. Additionally, all that was told of the cabin was that it was not updated, and absurd under-exaggeration. I don't ever leave these types of reviews, but I just really do not want anybody else to have the same experience as we have had. The property is lovely. It could have been just so much better, and I am so disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not stay in cabin 146!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Britt G
MarkTine, Public Relations Manager at Grand View Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2012

First of all, we want to deeply apologize for your experience. The cabin you stayed in, is the only one within our 200 accommodations, which is decorated and meant for golf buddies and boys weekends, thus the numerous TVs, beer signs, pool and foosball tables. It is our policy to never book families into this cabin as it is not meant for a quiet, family vacation. This oversight is disappointing to us, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. As you could see from the rest of the property, we cater to helping families create wonderful memories and we try to make sure everyone’s vacation is a special one. This was a mistake on our part and we would like to make it up to you and your family. We hope that one day you will reconsider and return to Grand View for the true experience we cater to.