“Gets the Nod ”
Review of Thanh Binh

Thanh Binh
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

If hustle and bustle is your kind of thing ... then John st Cabramatta on a public holiday lunch fits this to a tee . I like the challenge hence there we were soaking up the buzz and trying pick out a place to eat ( Vietnamese of course).
Than Binh announced itself by virtue of a newspaper clipping on window espousing the great food it presents .... gullible for a challenge Than Binh gets the nod !
The greeting was warm and friendly and quickly moved to a table for 4 . The place inside was like Cabramatta outside ... busy busy ...which puts a place to the true test .
Orders were taken as I surveyed the venue .. clean , ample decor , very cosy seating arrangement meant it was like a communal seating and a few televisions in each corner showing all the good meals on offer meant the appetite was wetted .
The food arrived ( pretty close to advertised food on tv ) and the portions were very generous.
Self serve drinks is smart idea and free tea was provided to complement meals .
There was mixed meals ordered from crispy chicken , combination stir fry , beef soup and vegetarian option .
Food did not disappoint ... fresh , tasty and no complaints from family means that it came up trumps .
Than Binh is not pretentious .. it’s not a place for a romantic date or a long lunch and conversation deal ...
It does good food with great service at very affordable prices and just like Cabramatta it is busy busy but achieves its outcome .

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here in john st. Cabramatta august 2018.
Food is first class viet and service is better thsn ever.prices seemed more reasonable than they have been for a little while.
Menu is extensive.meals start about thirteen dollars.thanh binh is a ninety minute drive each way for us but we shall return.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Thanh Binh has been a favourite for quite a few years now. Great value, friendly, informative and attentive service and delicious fresh food. In a very central location as well.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

A dear friend bought me here several years ago to try her vietnamese food........I was instantly hooked.......I have been to many of the restaurants up and down John st, and tried there food but keep going back to my first love. I love the sugar cane prawn salad and even the pan cakes where you have to wrap it up yourself. Its a real experience one I totally embraced with all of my heart. If you have never dared to try Vietnamese this is a great place to come to. Its simple clean atmosphere ensure you go there to do one thing...eat and the pho noodl soup is good to so many other interesting and palatble dishes for you to try.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This place used to have amazing food. A few things have changed when I visited today. Portion sizes have reduced substantially. Spicy pork stir fry not spicy at all, I just added the chopped fresh chilli. The same combination dish I have ordered previously had one prawn this time and no other meats except a bit of chicken, no mushrooms either ( see pics). I took a friend for lunch here because previously the food was great. It was a little disappointing this time around. I am hoping this is a one off. Tomato rice still great.

Date of visit: December 2017