“Loud”

Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Minneapolis
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Booked this hotel through SPG. The location was fantastic. It was a short 8-minute walk. Not too far from the nearest skyway and Nicollet Mall. Fantastic Italian restaurant on premise called D'amico Kitchen. Their imported black squid ink spaghetti and their spicy calamari were delicious.

The whole artsy scene was also very refreshing, the room is a bit small but it does the job, I don't need anything fancy. The bathroom has heated tile floors with a nice rainfall style shower. Everything was refreshingly white with a twist of urban old style warehouse.

The staffs were pleasant and helpful. They did what they were supposed to do, and helped with whatever they could.

We received a room facing the courtyard. There is a bar at the court yard. Not sure if it's only on the weekends. But it was LOUD. The music goes on from about 9pm-1am every night while I was there. Even the nights when there were only 3 people at the bar. We requested a different room, but according to the front desk, they do not have a room that is not effected by the music. Because of this, I will not stay here again. I will most likely stay at their sister hotel Westin next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Frank L
WMpls-Foshay, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Hello Frank L,
Thank you for posting your review of Le Méridien Chambers on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your eclectic comments and I would highly recommend the Pork “Osso Buco” one my personal favorites on the menu if you find yourself dinning at D’Amico Kitchen in the future. I would like to apologize on behalf of Le Méridien Chambers for the level of noise that you experienced during your stay. We want all of our guests to be comfortable during their entire stay and will take measures necessary to achieve this. Le Méridien Chambers is currently working on maintaining music and noise levels to a minimum. I can’t thank you enough for bringing these issues to our attention and invite you back to the hotel to enjoy an impeccable Le Méridien experience. Please see my direct message for a follow up conversation.

Best,
Matthew Hawkins

Reviewed 16 February 2012

We ended up with this hotel by booking on Hotwire. We decided to "splurge" and spend the extra $20 and jump up to the 4.5 star category for our anniversary... Wish we had not. The hotel staff was friendly and the location was great, but the list of positives for us ended there. When we walked into the room, I was instantly disappointed. Small, white, and LOUD. There is a bar in the courtyard, and unfortunately our room faced it, so we heard music until 1 a.m. The room was VERY small - definitely the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. You could constantly hear people in the hall, like there was no sound proofing what-so-ever. Since we got a deal on Hotwire, I am alright with the price we paid, but I do NOT understand how this hotel is anywhere near a "4.5 star" hotel. I have definitely stayed in "4 star" hotels that are ten times better than this one. I checked the room prices on their website, and would never pay that for a room there. Bottom line... Disappointing in every way possible. Would not want to ever stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luckymuf06
WMpls-Foshay, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Hello Luckymuf06,
We appreciate the time you took out of your day to share your review with the Trip Advisor community. On behalf of Le Méridien Chambers Minneapolis, we apologize that you were unsatisfied with your experience during your stay. Thank you for bringing your concerns in regards to the noise levels you experienced while on property to our attention. We take these comments very seriously and strive to make every guest comfortable. We hopefully will have an opportunity in the future to have you as a guest and to deliver a fantastic Le Méridien experience. Please see my direct message for a follow up conversation.

Le Méridien Chambers

Reviewed 3 February 2012

This was the restaurant and hotel where I proposed to my partner. Obviously, I was excited to return. I knew it was noisy here so I brought a white noise machine for our stay. Perhaps that should have been the first clue. The plan was to stay in, relax in the very comfortable bed, watch some television and have a relaxing time. Unfortunately, this time we realized the high price and the limited amenities, including little to no reception on the tv. They weren't able to fix it during our stay but gave us some bonus SPG points which will likely just expire since i"m not an avid traveler. During our stay, no newspaper, no free coffee or coffee maker, no happy hour special or mini bar offer. Zip. We stayed at the Westin the next time and were blown away. There are other options in MSP worth exploring. The Westin rocks and I want to check out Graves next time. I don't plan to return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was a return visit to the Twin Cities, my home for 10+ years in mid 80's & 90's. The Chambers is now managed by the Meridien chain, a change since my last stay when it opened. Hotel is still hip, beautiful architecture & design is holding up, Burnet's art collection graces the uber-white walls and makes it a destination for those who wish to avoid the 'chain' blandness that dooms most hotel experiences. Rooms are great, bedding is duvet-licious. Be aware that the food/drink prices from D'Amico are on the excessive side, but the service can be very accomodating. Found a remarkable room rate on their website, then called the hotel to verify and got an even better rate! Will definitely go direct next time. Parking garage next door is a much better deal than going with the valet, and the garage is heated...VIP in the winter. Most interesting new site in Mpls: Frank Gehry's addition to the Weisman Art Museum on the U of M campus. PS: he stayed at the Chambers :)

Room Tip: avoid a room directly on Hennepin due to street noise
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
WMpls-Foshay, Creative Guest Services at Le Meridien Chambers Minneapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Hello n0name11,
First and foremost, welcome back to the Twin Cities; we hope that you enjoyed your return trip. Thank you for coming back to the property to stay with Le Méridien Chambers! It's great to read your appreciation for the prominent collection of art that is on display here! We can't wait to share your review with our entire team! We welcome you back to Le Méridien Chambers as we are excited to provide your next home away from home experience.
Best,
Le Méridien Chambers

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Day two of romantic weekend with hubby spent here. Wanted an art boutique hotel in great location. Le Meridien Chambers fit the bill.

Valet parking snap easy. Nice guys too.

Lobby small, but very fun and funky. Love the fireplace, love the vibe of the D'Amico restaurant right off the lobby (gorgeous crystal chandeler) nice, bright and friendly staff. We were the last to check in so they upgraded us to a king deluxe room. Video screens playing artsy film clips every fifteen feet in the hallways.

Arrived at king deluxe to find the coldest room I've ever been in or seen. White walls, white tile bathroom, silver carpet, stainless steel and chrome fixtures, white bed, white leather chair. This room wasn't just clean, it was STERILE. View of the ice bar in the courtyard sealed this as the ice coldest room I've ever been in.

Called down to see if they had anything warmer, and front desk clerk reminded me I could adjust the temperature in the room! Cute. When I clarified that I was talking vibe and not temp, he let us check a standard queen room, the only other room left open in the hotel.

On the way to room #2, got a chance to see the stairwell which I loved! (seriously have never said THAT before) A riot of color! They gave some fabulous graffiti artist cart blanche to let imagination run riot against a brilliant orange background and it rocks! My fav art in the whole place.

Standard queen was lovely. Smaller, more intimate, a little more color, better view of the other side of the courtyard.

Best part of the whole stay was this big fat fabulous marshmallow of a bed. Down pillow top, down comforter, covered in the freshest crisp white 400 thread count sheets. Yum. Yum, yum, yum.

24 hour room service brought us latte and mocha at oh dark middle of the night morning.

Not your every day place, but a nice stay even so.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple