“Excellent tempura”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2017

The tempura is fabulous as are the bento boxes. Great sushi. The restaurant also has specials each night including $3 beer on Saturdays. There can be a long wait for the food, but its worth it.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I was dining with friends having been to Midori's quite a few times in the last five years. There is lovely sushi and tempura and good noodle dishes. Several of the appetizers were excellent. I have always found their Iron Goddess of Mercy oolong to be the best of its type anywhere I have tasted it. The drawback is that service if quite slow and rather diffident. It can be hard to get their attention and even when the place is busy there seems to be a lot of standing around. So go here if you want to have a leisurely conversation and if you want to dine rather than just eat and get on.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

For starters, this restaurant does not have a parking lot. Be prepared to drive around a while looking for a parking spot on the street. If you are lucky, there are a few metered parking spots across the street. My group ordered a variety of items, like we usually do at Japanese restaurants. The seaweed salad was really good, but the age-dashi tofu coating was gummy and unappetizing. Skip the shrimp tempura - small shrimp coated with a thick, plain batter. The spicy tuna roll was outstanding, but the rest of the sushi was average. This is one of the few restaurants in town that I know serves takoyaki, one of my favorite Japanese foods. It was a bit undercooked, but had nice size pieces of tako. The portion size of the yakiniku is the smallest I have been served at a restaurant, making it overpriced and the taste was blah. Overall, we didn't get sick, but we wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

3 of us stopped by quite spontaneously for a Japanese lunch - we were all very happy that we did. The staff & service is cozy, warm & we were well tended to. The food axceptional!!! We all ordered the Shrimp & Veg Tendon which was perfect. It was quite artistically presented with large shrimps & a delish variety of veg. Highly recommend this cafe for a super eating experience!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We were the first ones in the place on a Friday night, with at least three service people visible. Despite that, it took forever to have someone come over to get drinks, and even longer to take our order. The waitress did not seem very kinowledgeable abou the menu, and was perplexed when it came to gluten free. I was very specific, yet when they served the salads, she suddenly snatched the salad off my place and 'remembered' that the dressing was not gluten free. The sushi was fine, but the experience was colored by the forgettable service.