“Worthwhile side trip ”

Cuisines: Deli, Polish, Czech, Eastern European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We're on a road trip that took us through Minneapolis. We like to look for unique dining adventures that we don't normally have access to. This place satisfies that deliciously. We tried sausage, pierogi, cabbage rolls, goulash, cabbage, and danishes. Yum!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Cute little cafeteria style restaurant attached to a bakery/deli. We had cabbage rolls and perogies and they were delicious. I especially enjoyed the perogies and could have made a meal out of them alone! I was disappointed that several things I asked about were sold out already (even a roll!)
Stop at the bakery on your way out and get pretty much anything. It's a bit pricey but oh so good!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

This is a cafeteria style restaurant in which you walk through and choose what you want then take it to your table to eat, then clean up after yourself when you finish. There is also a deli for take out sausages, meats and desserts. Our party of 5 ate various items - all delicious - stuffed cabbage, pierogies, vegetable soup, cole slaw with green apples, and chocolate cake.One of Guy Fieri's chosen diners, drive-ins, and dives.
There is a small parking lot on the side, and tables outside too.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Had a great lunch in their restaurant, Ukrainan meat ball on noodles with gravey and Prozihi. Then into the bakery for an after lunch treat.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

If you love Polish or just Eastern European food this is a must do. We went for a meal. We seriously didn't expect breakfast foods. They do offer coffee and Kolache, breakfast pastry. But we were looking for something a bit more hearty. My husband got the Polish sausage sandwich with sauerkraut on an awesome fresh on site baked roll. I had a grilled Kielbasa with a side of sauerkraut and three potato pierogi. Oh my heavens. It reminded me of my childhood. Very nicely seasoned like I remember. The mass produced stuff you get in the grocery stores are less quality than cheap animal feed compared to this hand made gift from whatever deity you prefer. After your meal you must stop in the deli/market. They have a huge variety of meats, sausages, bacon and even beer sticks in hot and mild offerings. There's a small baked goods counter as well. In this case we found the most decadent chocolate eclairs. The young lady behind the counter told us they were freshly made that morning. SOLD!! We ate it out in the parking lot and had to go back inside to get another they were that delicious. Great service, great atmosphere and the good was off the charts yummy.