New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Loews Minneapolis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel with Amazing Beds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband and I are not the type of people to frequent bigger cities and swanky hotels, so keep that in mind when reading this review. The beds were amazing and the service at the hotel was great. The only thing that was disappointing was the immediate area. The shops in the surrounding sky walk area were basically non-existent besides the large department stores. We didn't have an agenda when we arrived and found it difficult to find things to do without having to drive somewhere. Not much going on that weekend I guess besides a pub crawl. We ate at Ike's and they have GREAT burgers. The hotel staff at the front desk were helpful in offering things to do, but again, most required driving. Park in the lots down the street instead of valet parking. It was MUCH cheaper and just as convenient. I would stay here again if attending an event, but not for a weekend getaway.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick C, Management at Loews Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed staying with us though I'm sorry if you were not more impressed with the activities around our area. We are fortunate to be so close to Target Field, where there are often concerts or sporting events. Perhaps you would like to return for such an event? We would love to welcome you back!

Graves 601 Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
CEDAR RAPIDS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Graves 601 hotel recently. It is an upscale hotel located in downtown Minneapolis. I had decided to stay there based on Tripadvisor reviews. I made the initial reservation for a corner executive level room. I called them back later to request a city view based on a review tip. They happily said they would try.

Just walking into the lobby, I knew I made the right choice. It is a beautiful, modern-styled property. Whoever designed the place should get an award if they haven't already. The checkin process was easy and quick, with friendly staff everywhere. My girlfriend was in awe of everything we saw, as I was too.

Going to the room, we had to take two elevators, one to the 4th floor and then get on another one to the 17th floor. This gives you the opportunity to see the bar/lounge on the 4th floor. It looks like a movie set without the set. Architecture, lighting, furniture, decor...all top notch.

Even the hallways leading to the room were styled. The attention to detail throughout the property is evident wherever you look. We entered the room and my first thought was that I only get to stay one night :( The city, corner view was amazing and it was the first thing we noticed. The rest of the room was highly styled and tastefully ultra modern. You can see the pictures and they don't do it justice. As others have said, it isn't the hugest room in the world but it seems much bigger with the decor and panoramic view. The bathroom is also styled beautifully and is very functional. One tip about the shower - make sure to turn on only the top shower head (top knob) to get it up to temperature. I turned the bottom knob and was shot with 4 or five shower heads shooting cold water in my face! Once it is all up to temp, all of the shower heads feel great. They really have thought of everything with this place.

As we were getting ready to go out, we were gazing at the skyline and noticed a restaurant that had rooftop dining. We asked the concierge about it and he told us what it was and the best way to get there. Dinner was a great experience too, but that is a different review. I did tell more than one person there about the Graves - we could see our room from the rooftop.

After we got back to the room, we noticed the turndown service - a great touch. New towels, mints on pillows, etc. This is the place in downtown Minneapolis for nearly any kind of travel.

The Graves 601 is the best hotel I have stayed in to date. I have paid over twice as much for half as much service, design and view at other hotels in larger cities. This is a testament to not only the Graves 601 but Minneapolis as a city too.

I highly reccomend the Graves 601 to anyone staying in Minneapolis for business or pleasure.

ps...the bed and the pillows really are as good as all of the other reviewers have said. They also have a Pillow Menu!!

Room Tip: Get an executive corner room with a city view if available.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's great to hear from you. We truly appreciate your kind comments. We're glad you enjoyed the decor in the lobby as well as in our guest rooms. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service in a beautifully stylized setting. We would love to welcome you back again any time.

Ville D'Avray, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

If you ever have to stay in Minnesota, this is hands down the best hotel - from the terrific customer service (I forgot my $42 bottle clinique face wash and they tracked me down!) to the fantastic, roomy and very cool, funky room and terrific bar scene, this downtown hotel is all that. Right across from the Target center and smack dab in the heart of the city, you simply can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Get a king size bed as it makes the rooms much more luxurious
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We always love reading our happy guests' reviews and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and would love to welcome you back again any time.

Superior, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I booked a corner king room at the Graves 601 to surprise my wife who was coming back from an international trip. I knew after a long day in the air, a great shower & comfy bed would be just what she needed!

After doing some searching, I came acrossed the Graves 601 property in Minneapolis. In looking at what they offered, I will be honest and say that the 5 headed shower is what sealed the deal for me. The prices were higher than I normally would like to pay but felt that my wife was entitled to this.

Upon checking in (which went really smoothly), I went up to my room to drop off my luggage. It is a little trip to get to your room (up one elevator to the 4th floor and then up a different set to your actual floor) but it really wasn't that bad. The room was great and had a great view of Target Field.

After trying out the 5 headed shower (which I had to force myself to get out of), I had to try out the bed. I am not sure which one I would have stayed in longer... they both were great!

My wife was arriving late at night and the valet had my car waiting for me when it was time for me to pick her up. When we returned, I let them know when I needed it again and the next morning it was waiting for me.

The service is top notch, the beds are great, the shower is awesome and I cannot wait for my next night at the Graves 601! Thanks!

1 Thank Supmariners
It's wonderful to hear from you. We always appreciate reading such thoughtful reviews. What a nice gesture for your wife to come back to a comfortable and luxurious hotel room! We don't mean to brag, but we are pretty proud of our beds. We truly enjoyed receiving your feedback and would love to welcome you back again any time.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We enjoyed a weekend getaway at the Graves. I love the location right on First Avenue, just about perfect for downtown. The room was on the small side and the beds (there were three of us) were really small! They are more like two double beds, than two queens. They are extremely comfortable and the linens are great.
All the furnishings, as well as the bathroom are very nice.
Reserved the room on Hotwire and got an excellent price.
I would return to this hotel anytime.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! It's always gratifying to hear from our happy guests. We appreciate your feedback and would love to welcome you back again any time.