“Just go.”

The Bachelor Farmer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bachelor Farmer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,823 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Price range: USD 18 - USD 33
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Warehouse District
Cross street: North First Street
Description: The Bachelor Farmer serves fresh and simple food that honors Minnesota's Nordic heritage.
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This warm, welcoming restaurant in Minneapolis was one of my favorite parts of the trip. The food is really well made, they have a nice selection of wines (we had a yummy austrian Gruner Veltliner) and even served us carrot straight from their garden. Menu is short, but with many appetizing options. I had amazing gravlax and my girlfriend loved her salad. The waitress was really helpful and nice, the wall with drawings from other customers is funny and a must-see. I definitely want to come back here.

There are newer reviews for The Bachelor Farmer

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to me so I thought I would give it a go! Fabulous vibe in the place as well as of course the food.

Enjoyed some lovely drinks downstairs first then sat down to a wonderful dinner. I had a succulent pork steak and a beautiful broccoli salad to begin....

Shame it will be a while until I'm back!! Great place!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This is truly a casual five star experience. I can't say it pushed too far Nordic ( we were in Iceland the month before) but it pushed delicious. Ingredients of the season ( that's a Nordic trademark ) and truly creative. Get lots of plates to share. Don't shy away from the unusual. Ok. So it's more Nordic that I thought. Just go and enjoy. Great environment. I only wish we had a Bachelor Farmer in Chicago.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Truly outstanding meal. Was in Minneapolis for one night with my 16 year old son. The food was great, service was spot on, and building itself was nice. The toasts--steak tartare and pastrami--were both amazing. O/all a memorable meal. Our server (didn't get her name) was a perfect fit for the restaurant: knowledgeable on the food and made great wine selections for me.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I have eaten at the Bachelor Farmer a few times in the past and loved it. Last night, not so much. 3 of us ordered the braised beef over polenta and agreed it lacked flavor and the beef was dry. Disappointing. We thought about ordering the Cisco but they ran out by 6:30.

The toast points and spreads were the highlight of the meal. We had a fabulous tray of pate with some fun condiments and the cheese tray and beef carpaccio was wonderful.

The popovers were a hit too. The neighboring table had the pork entree and it looked delicious. Guess we made the wrong choice on our entrees.

Better luck next time.