“Fantastic ice cream served in a one of a kind way”

Minnesota Nice Cream
Ranked #647 of 1,981 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Yep, the reputation of MN Nice Cream is well deserved. The soft serve itself was delicious - and the delivery one of a kind. My daughter and I opted for the Fun Cone with the vegan raspberry and lemon twist. Yum! It came with gluten free fruity pebbles and glitter on top. I got a Minnesota shaped cookie and she got a gluten free donut stuck in the side. There was a $5 upcharge for the black gluten free cone. Next time we’ll get cups to avoid the dripping mess of a hot summer day. My son got the Campfire option with chocolate ice cream. It came drizzled with Peanut butter and bedecked with toasted marshmallows. Yum. We had dropped by previously on a Saturday afternoon, and the line was out the door and over an hour long. We got popsicles from the stand outdoors that time and the scoop on when to come to avoid the line. So we came in the early afternoon on Friday this time around. MN Nice Cream shares an outdoor seating area with a brewery and is just a block from Indeed if you want to mix your ice cream with your beer. There’s a parking lot across the street. This is a fantastic place to treat yourself!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

It’s a fun novelty thing to do but we waited in line for an hour. One. Whole. Hour. For some basic soft serve ice cream with some toppings. Fun toppings. Good toppings. But still, basic soft serve so definitely not worth the wait.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

1st visit. I’m waiting in line seeing all the ice cream art creations walk by. Looks lovely. Ok, getting closer to order. What creation do I get? Bacon?? Sprinkles??

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This seems to be the summer for ice cream shops to allow customers to create wild and crazy topping combinations with lot of imagination - even edible glitter!

Most important, however, is the ice cream. This is soft serve only, and of high quality. The flavor is delicious. I had the vanilla, and it is a real vanilla. Quite lovely. They have a limited number of flavors of soft serve - 3 or 4 an evening. But it is the toppings that really make for the fun of this place. My husband had a sundae with crisp bacon and caramel. It was yummy! I had a multicolor waffle cone filled with vanilla soft serve, topped with cheesecake bits, bananas, peanuts, and caramel. It was rather huge but boy, was it ever delicious.

The line as rather long, but it moves quickly. They are quite good at balancing things like graham crackers, chocolate, and toasted marshmallows on a stick on to one waffle cone of soft serve. There are picnic tables and chairs and benches outside, so you can sit and just enjoy a really fun and crazy ice cream treat!

I really recommend this place. Yes, it is a bit gimmicky, but when the ice cream is this good, and the toppings also tasty and of high quality, you cannot go wrong. I cannot wait to go back!