“The food is excellent”

Lucia's To Go
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 14 January 2016

The food I got here is so good. Organic and locally grown and the flavors, breads and desserts are awesome.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

This is the always-packed take out version of Lucia's. Everything is beautifully presented with a nice range of things. Best Frittata in town, or anywhere actually. The chocolate sea salt cookies are amazing and if you don't take home a loaf of the gooey centered cinnamon raisin bread you are crazy. Great deal at night. Always crowded at peak times, but worth the effort.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

The salad was unbelievable, such flavor bursts, yummy. My husbands sandwich was great too - at least he devoured it so fast and he wouldn't SHARE not even a bite. Well, I know I want to go back.

Reviewed 5 December 2014

I had to try this place out after reading about how good their scrambled eggs were in a newspaper review. I wasn't disappointed. Light and fluffy with fresh chives sprinkled on top and on the side was their popular seeded bread. The homemade jam and apple butter for my toast was delicious. Of course I had to get one of their scrumptious brownies for dessert! This place has the best looking deli food and pastries. I wanted it all! The serving staff was so friendly and helpful too. I really liked the bottomless cups of coffee where you can help yourself.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I love this place. It's simple, unpretentious and delicious -- a great spot for a carefully prepared, boldly flavored sandwich or a frittata and a cup of coffee. What I love most about it, though, is the way it caters to a certain segment of the area population -- literati, well-heeled Kenwooders, refined hipsters, tenured academics, hardcore Prairie Home Companion fans. It's fun to take out-of-towners here to give them a taste of a certain segment of the Uptown neighborhood. Lucia, by the way, is a Minneapolis institution (sort of our Alice Waters). It feels good to patronize her establishment.