All reviews light rail comfortable beds next morning airport mall stadium refrigerator downtown
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I booked a single night at this motel through Expedia to have a place to stay while my bathtub was being replaced. The construction co. cancelled the job the morning of because of a broken down truck, and I tried to cancel my booking with the Snelling. They said they would be happy to, but Expedia would charge them a fee so I would have to go through Expedia. After an hour I finally found the customer service number for Expedia. They said they would be happy to cancel without penalty but would have to OK it with the hotel. I was put on hold then they came back and said the hotel refused and I would have to pay the full amount as a penalty. So I never stayed at the Snelling, and guess what? I never shall. Do you blame me?

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank deborama
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

We were forced to stay the night in Minneapolis due to a mechanical error and were so lucky to find a room available here. It is only seven minutes to the airport and is run by the kindest man in town. He cheerfully welcomed us after midnight and cheerfully drove us to the airport at 5am the next morning, no charge, just out of the goodness of his big heart. The room was comfortable and clean. The service was superb!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Room was clean. Improvements on the hotel were obvious. Close to the light rail station to head downtown. The shower was warm. The only complaint I have is its off the beaten path and no food options.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

We couldn't be happier that we found this gem!! It's right on the train route so we stay there for games, concerts, any event. The rooms are clean and recently renovated. The owners are absolutely amazing and we feel like we're home whenever we stay. We'll never stay anywhere else!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reyna Z
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Stayed overnight for football game- Clean comfortable large room, super convenient to get to US Bank Stadium, Airport and Mall of America. If you can bring drinks and food because there is nothing around and seems like the town shuts down @11pm. Its not a 5 star hotel- so if that don't matter to you- this place is a good deal

Room Tip: Room 29 has a good TV Bathroom and A/C slept right thru the Light rail noise
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends