Snelling Motel
USD 178*
USD 171*
LeMeridien.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Minneapolis/Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
USD 140*
USD 219*
USD 192*
Loews Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
USD 128*
  • Breakfast included
USD 172*
USD 150*
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown(Minneapolis)(Great Value!)
USD 263*
USD 94*
All reviewslight railnext morningairportmallstadiummicrowavedowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Years gone by the Snelling Motel .............at least in my younger days was ....just a (not nice place to stay).....Today I found my room freshly updated and nicely clean. It was a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: high floor on the west side is better
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
20  Thank Gabe D
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This is an easy review to write: don't stay in this hotel.

I have reviewed many hotels and, although this is not he worst hotel I have ever experienced, I would recommend that you not even consider staying in this hotel. The rate was not as advertised and was too high for what the hotel is. It is in an ugly neighborhood. The public areas are cheap looking. The main area of the room looked like what you would expect from a budget hotel, but the smell in the bathroom indicated that the janitorial staff does not understand what a clean mop is. That alone is sufficient reason to avoid this hotel.

I specified "high speed Internet" as a feature--there is free wifi, although it is a bit slow and I frequently lost my connection. There is also a nearby crossing for a commuter train, and the bells at the crossing rang about every 5 minutes--it was not exceedingly loud, but might disturb some people while trying to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank gvilleguy
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I stayed at this hotel for four nights while visiting family in the area and really enjoyed our stay. We called several hotels in the area, and all of them were over $120. Then we found the Snelling Hotel where we had a king size bed and a large, clean room for $70. The room had a refrigerator and microwave in it, and the owners were welcoming, kind, and friendly. We also had wireless, internet access. The hotel is about a 3 minute walk from the light rail. A Walgreens is two stops away so we ate breakfrast in our hotel room after getting milk and juice from the Walgreens. We are planning on comming back next year. Great deal!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
31  Thank PhoenixKaren
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Was late on way to airport. Got very tired and stopped at hotel, looked nice outside. Went in to counter told clerk that spoke very broken english I needed a deluxe room, meaning comfortable bed was all I needed but know in most hotels you must get an upgraded room to get a better bed. Anyhow she gave the key after paying for room and assured me the room was very nice. I explained we were flying out in 7 hours and just needed a very comfortable bed thats it, and she said the bed was the best part of the room...lol Got in the room and it stunk and wreaked of mildew. Bathroom was falling apart. But I said hey we just need the bed to catch a few winks before the flight so I could live with that. Went and crawled into bed and there were blood stains and cig. burns holes in the sheets and blanket. Was also a very small queen and I asked for a king. Now we go down and tell the lady and she tells me you only need to sleep for a few hours and it will be fine. Now I explode and say I want another room with what I asked for and she tells me I can have one for another fee since they have no refunds so I must buy another room. Then I said the sheets and blankets were blood stained and burned. She then told me they were clean just stained no problem...lol I also explained the bed was harder then the floor, and I had explained that I needed a soft bed for back injuries I have I can not sleep on a hard bed. Now the good part they have another room with deluxe beds if I wanted but it would be 150.00 a night and said fine Ill pay the difference in the room cost as long as the bed is what she says it is. She then tells me I would have to pay the entire price and take a loss on the room I was in because no refunds. I tried explaing I dont want a refund just another room with what I asked for from the begining. Well she would not budge and we just did our best with what we had since we had no time to go look for another hotel. I would highly stay away from this hotel and also after checking seemed like the other end of the hotel there were prostitutes coming and going wish we would of seen that before pulling in because the outside of the place looked very nice considered what you got when you go inside the rooms. People I never complain on these things unless its really bad, so please avoid this place at al costs.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank AzFlash
Reviewed 5 January 2009

We have stayed at the Snelling Motel three times. We selected it each time because we had an early morning flight out of MSP airport and this is a reasonably priced metro area motel ($70 for the two of us) that is only a one minute walk from a stop on the light rail line that goes to the airport. It made it very easy to catch our early flights out of town (we do not live near the Twin Cities so we drove there and left our car at a very inexpensive car park in downtown Minneapolis that is only two blocks from the start of the light rail line). The motel is also very close to the VA hospital and is no doubt used by people visiting that large facility and the neighborhood is a safe one. The motel was clean and our room was large and had all that you would normally find in a motel room. There were no restaurants in the immediate area but with the light rail you are only a few stops from the Mall of America or downtown Minneapolis. If you simply wanted a place to stay in Minneapolis that is on the light rail line this would be a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2008