Wow! We knew gong in that this was going to be our last weekend bus trip as the hotel doesn't need the business. 14 years of going and enjoying. The hotel and staff could not have made it any clearer that our businesses was not welcome. On the way down we discussed changing to a weekday trip. Forget that. We will take our business elsewhere. In no particular order:
1. Our group was spread out all over the hotel on different floors. All adjoining room requests were ignored. Stood in line at reception to be told to go up stairs to Group Services. Richard works there. Wow F for service. He could not have cared less. When I tried to approach to discuss why we wanted adjoining rooms he said I had to leave because I had an attitude. Richard, I was approaching you to tell you that one of our foursome has stage four cancer. We were shocked that she made the trip. This was going to be our last shooting star trip. I did not want to yell that over the other people in the room. No worries Richard as the kind strangers in the adjoining room (who drove in and got the adjoining room about an hour before us) gladly switched with us.
2. Smoke restaurant. 20 minute wait with tons of empty tables. Clearly not enough staff. However server was wonderful and food was great.
3. Deli is not open in morning? So Tim Hortons or buffet. Buffet is a long line with one cashier as you have to pay first. Than sat and waited forever for coffee. It a lot of choices but it was okay. Asked for orange juice. Nope
4. Entertainment. None. Just karaoke all weekend. No thanks
5. Smoke in casino was ridiculous and we had to leave early
6. Buffet Sunday morning was ridiculous. Long long line ups. One cashier? Dirty tables everywhere. No food! Had to find a table. No milk! No orange juice! Are you kidding me. Server was clearly overwhelmed.
7. Room cleanliness. Zero. Bugs in bath tub and rooms. In both rooms unbelievable. We returned from shopping to find that my friends bed just had the top cover pulled up. (Our friends all said they experienced same) My bed wasn't touched. The pillow cases were pulled off and pillows were thrown on chair. The mattress cover was ripped and could not cover the mattress. The gentleman who came when we called was very nice.
We will never be back.
If your aim was to prove how invaluable our dollar means to you, you succeeded.
- Also Known As:
- Shooting Star Hotel Mahnomen
- Shooting Star Casino And Hotel