“Amazing Brunch!”
Review of Lake Elmo Inn

Lake Elmo Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Lake Elmo Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Lake Elmo
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 5
Reviewed 10 October 2018

The food here is outstanding, but if you want a reservation for a special occasion/holiday they are booked out several months.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We were excited to find a fine dining establishment. Disappointed that so many people eating at the bar leaving no room for us to have a cocktail. Went directly to table. Asked what specialty menu item. Said duck. My husband ordered it. Very tough and rubbery. Sent it back for a steak. Of course by that time my dinner that we shared was almost gone. The service is great. Steaks were good. Old fashions are $10. When we spend well over $100 on dinner we expect it to be very nice. Not sure we will return when there are so many other options.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

The food at the Lake Elmo Inn is really excellent. Everyone in our party enjoyed their entrees and dessert. I had asked for a quiet table and that was what we received. It made visiting with friends easy and we didn't have to shout to be heard. Perhaps the only negative was that the busboy cleared our dinner plates way to fast and the lone person still eating felt very rushed.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

39th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Hadn't been there in a couple years so it was time to go again. We always sit at the bar really enjoyed this night! The prime rib is prepared in a unique way and not much fat when trimmed the way they did. Cooked perfectly! My wife had the halibut but she wasn't as enamored with the way it came out. Maybe just this night. When the bar fills up it's a handful for Curtis and his staff to keep up at times. Overall, still going back again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Very overrated reviews had me looking forward to dining here, but they need to bring in a new executive Chef with some original and creative talent to bring this place out of the dark ages. Yes, the restaurant has been around for ages and has won all kinds of awards (the clientele was markedly Baby Boomers, and for good reason, maybe?), but it was way too stale for my taste. Service was friendly but extremely slow (yes, it was a busy Friday night, but we waited WAY to long for initial contact from our server and WAY to long again for our food), only rare water-glass refilling, way-too-late empty plate removal, etc. (those touches of service which define a better-class of restaurant). The server did not know the cost of the prime rib. (What?) But most disappointing to me was the duck I ordered for dinner. It was a half duck that was dry and difficult to cut/separate - the leg, thigh, wing and breast had to be all dissected before I could begin eating it, a difficult task on an over-crowded plate. The server stopped by to ask how everything was early in our meal, while I was still trying to cut the duck apart enough to get a piece into my mouth. It ended up being definitely over-done, with no flavor, which was quite unexpected in a restaurant with such a good reputation. There were little cups of cherry sauce and peppercorn sauce on the side to use to try and salvage the duck, but it all fell far short. I have had much better duck in multiple restaurants. It's not hard to do, it just take an up-to-date Chef and a talented team of cooks to make it work on a consistent basis.The sauteed vegetables looked like frozen zucchini, cauliflower, pea pods and broccoli - if they were fresh, they were overdone. The baked potato was fine, but with that on the plate as well, it was not a good presentation in the least - nothing pleasant to look at on the plate. I ended up eating very little of the meal, except for half of a roll, which was quite good. The wait-assistant brought my leftovers (maybe my husband will eat them) in a fancy aluminum foil swan wrapping. Meh.

Been to Lake Elmo Inn? Share your experiences!