“Doesn't look impressive on the outside--BUT!”
Review of The Chalet

Cuisines: American, German
Description: Duluth suburb
Description: Duluth suburb
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I had one of their specialties-the hot beef sandwich. It was good. They must roast their own beef and make their own gravy. The gravy had flavor! So often in restaurants, the gravy comes from a can, it isn't even called beef gravy, but brown gravy! Real mashed potatoes.

My friend said they have a turkey dinner or hot sandwich on some nights that is made from a real turkey (not the lunch meat type loaf) and also very good. She said the burgers are good also. I will try one of those next time. I'd go here again.

The prices were very reasonable. The place is very busy, but the staff knows how to work a crowd!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

The first Mon. of the month between 6-10 of us meet for breakfast. Our table is set up and automatically reserved. Same waitress and she can remember what we have ordered in the past. Friendly staff, great food and usually busy, so people happy with the place. Full bar and they have t-shirts for sale and pull-taps. Laundromat next door so you could do laundry and have breakfast/lunch/supper

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Always like stopping in "hole-in-the-walls" for some of the best breakfasts around. This time, it was not the case. We left more than 1/2 our $25 breakfast for 2 behind.
Serve good coffee and you have me at hello, this coffee was weak & bitter and the cream was indeed milk and for $8 we got 2 coffees and a milk. Wait, what? Yes $8. Food portions were decent but tomatoes were not ripe and used canned mushrooms. Sorry, Chalet, just being honest of our experience....
UP YOUR GAME

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

There aren't many places where you can get turkey dinner year round, but the Chalet is one of them! Monday nights. Everything's homemade. It's fab. It's cheap, and if you come a night or two later you can often get the turkey dumpling soup made with the leftovers. Dumpy little bar but really good food....hilarious waitstaff!

Reviewed 6 September 2016

This could be my go to food/ beverage place for me if I lived in Hermantown. Clean well lit with friendly staff. quick service. Give them a try when in Hermantown.

1  Thank Steve O