All reviews omelet maker waffles room was clean continental breakfast two queen beds pool area a wonderful stay would highly recommend this hotel no elevator hot tub las margaritas parking lot pam protein cereal motel mississippi
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I'm a Hilton regular, mostly because I'm tired of degrading, uncaring roadside trashy properties and it's worth it to me to know and trust where I'm going. Hastings MN has no Hilton family property within 30 miles or so. This place was suggested as the ONLY place in town to stay. It was GREAT RECOMMENDATION!!!
1. CLEAN
2. COMFORTABLE BED/PILLOWS
3. LOTS OF SHOWER WATER FLOW!
4. FRIENDLY STAFF.
It appears to be an old AmericaINN that is now private. The staff is all obviously Minnesota born and bread. Super friendly and caring. Something new in the breakfast bar...a Make your own Omelet. Only Ham and Cheese to fill but a nice addition all the same and a chance for some protein. Typical waffle maker and other standard breakfast items. Lots more parking in back. Incredibly low pricing. I have elderly family here that I will be visiting often in the coming years and I'm happy to know that I can make a quick call and get a room here. Thanks for the advice!

Room tip: I was past the pool in the back.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PamS2464, Manager at Nichols Inn of Hastings, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Nichols Inn. We make every effort to ensure the comfort of our guests. Our goal is always to provide a very clean and comfortable room with friendly service. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we will look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Hastings!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We just stayed there over the labor day weekend 2018. The ladies at the front desk were very nice.
But the overall experience was not memorable. We had flies in our room all night and day for 2 days. The would come and go. The hotel room smelled very musty and the air condition was extremely loud, though it did stay cool.
The bed were not comfortable. They said they were going to close the doors at 10 pm for safety reasons, we came back at 10;45 and they were still open. People were nice but I would not come back. Oh, and the parking spaces were very, very small, and was afraid our vehicle would get dinged. Sorry guys. It needs major reno. It felt unhealthy.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at Nichols Inn, we completely remodeled our hotel upon purchasing it 4 years ago. Our goal is to provide a very clean and comfortable hotel with friendly service. I am glad you were treated well by the front desk staff and I am sorry you were not pleased with our parking situation. We have two large lots, one in the front and one behind the hotel to accommodate our guests.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

My sons wedding brought Nichols Inn business that it wouldn’t have had this past June. When I had to cancel one of the reservations two days after booking, they still charged my credit card. During the busyness of the wedding the cancellation number was lost and the general manager Pam refused to work with me for a refund. I even asked if she would consider reimbursing half, but she adamantly refused without a cancellation number. As a small business owner I know the importance of good customer service. It doesn’t surprise me they are only two stars.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pam S, Manager at Nichols Inn of Hastings, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

I am sorry this happened and we do appreciate that you used our hotel for a wedding, however we do need a cancelation number for all cancelations as we do get many calls to cancel without a 48 hr. notice. With this number we will refund all costs.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My husband and I visited the Nichols Inn a couple of weeks ago. First of all, we got into Hastings earlier than expected, so I called to see if we could check in early. I was told I could absolutely check in at 2, rather than 3. When we checked in, the woman at the front desk was so nice to us. She and I had a pleasant conversation about our travel plans while she checked us in. The room was clean and smelled fresh with nice white linens. The hot tub was awesome! It seats 15 (although I was the only one in it that night), and has both back and foot jets, felt great! I had gotten a new hair straightener that day and didn't have anything to open the bubble package with and went to the front desk to ask if I could borrow a scissors. The gentleman at the front desk opened it for me! We had a very comfortable night's sleep on the bed and in the morning enjoyed a great breakfast of Belgian waffles, and omelets! Delicious! Thank you for such a wonderful stay in your cute town. We will be back!

Room tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook 61.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Staying for two days, first night here and relized we forgot milk for the baby, went to the front counter to ask if I could buy a breakfast carton of milk and was told no, and she was totally rude about it.. like a total B!! It's not like I won't be getting the milk in the morning, idiot!! Like seriously you won't let me buy one? It's 9:00 at night and seriously for the price to stay here you won't let me buy a small carton of milk? I asked to talk to a manager and she said thier wasn't one.. like really? Ok we'll see when I complain in the morning!! Seriously for the price? They could afford one little carton of milk for a freaking baby!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pam S, Manager at Nichols Inn of Hastings, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

I am sincerely sorry that you were treated like that! We try to make every effort to ensure our guests comfort and enjoyment when staying with us. I will discuss this with my staff. Again I am sorry that this happened!