“An Evening at the Timberlake Lodge in Grand Rapids, MN” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Timberlake Lodge Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Rapids
Timberlake Lodge Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids, MN
“An Evening at the Timberlake Lodge in Grand Rapids, MN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was one of the nicest hotels/motels I have ever stayed in. It was very, very clean, quiet and the staff were all so very nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bevjmurray

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Being the professional business traveller, I always prefer to stay in Marriott Hotels when available. This business trip took me to the northern part of Minnesota to Grand Rapids. Being a small town, there were really no chain hotels close by so I opted for the Timberlake Lodge, and what a truly GREAT place! This place exceeded all my expectations. From the moment I entered the rustic lobby, I felt as though I was in a nice ski lodge. The front desk staff were welcoming, and friendly. Entering my room, I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean and new looking everything was. The rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves, a large flat screen TV, and a very comfortable bed. There is a nice desk for working, and two comfortable chairs. Very spacious rooms! I saved the best part for last (or almost last). The bathroom was large, and had a huge walk in shower, with shower heads on two walls. But wait, there's more. In addition to the two shower heads, there are two body sprayer jets on each side for a total of two shower heads and four jets. I couldn't wait to get in after a long day of work to walk into the shower, and just stand there being sprayed from all directions. I wouldn't get out until I was almost a prune. Glad I wasn't paying the water bill. The only thing missing was my wife. You get the picture. On top of the already top notch room, there was free wifi in the rooms, and breakfast was included. What more could you ask for? Now, if you have your kids with you, or if you are a big kid, there is a large indoor pool area with a water slide, large hot tub, and climate controlled so you don't have to worry about freezing. The entire place was very clean, with top notch service from the entire staff. The General Manager here really knows how to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. There is also a great restaurant here on property, with excellent food at reasonable prices for a hotel. Usually you can always find a negative no matter where you stay, but I couldn't. This place is a hidden gem in northern Minnesota. Whether here for business, pleasure, or romantic getaway, this is the place. If you are a Judy Garland fan, this is her hometown and there is a museum in the town as well. When back in this area, I will always stay here. You can't go wrong here.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bill925
Walker, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at the Timberlake Lodge for New Years. The staff at the front desk were great! Rooms were clean :)The kids had a fantastic time in the pool area, they loved the slide! The breakfast the next morning was delicious. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shari S
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

This was my first stay at Timberlake Lodge. I was there for a week on business. I just loved it. Everyone made me feel welcome which made it easier to be away from my family. The rooms are lovely. I especially liked the giant tub in the room with two queen beds. The breakfast in the morning has a wonderful variety of hot and cold choices. In the evenings, there are daily dinner specials that are budget friendly and tasty. Another bonus is there are no hidden charge for room service. I am going to be back in the area again for three weeks this summer and I have already booked my room. I would not think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

We stayed here 12/17-12/18 for a quick getaway and loved it. We were allowed to check in an hour early which was very nice since we had been Christmas shopping and were looking forward to the hot tub. The pool area was clean and well maintained. There are artificial plants around the hot tub's waterfall and they were even dust free!
When the waterslide is on, there is an attendant that sits and monitors the swimmers coming down which is nice because it keeps people in check.
We stayed in a king room and it was spotless and the double shower was such a nice luxury. There isn't a bathtub (not sure if any of the rooms have them?), so keep this in mind if that is a necessity for you.
We went to the bar later on and the apps were great as well as the drinks. The staff does a great job of making the patrons feel welcome and keep the hotel looking great. Next time we are going to try the restaurant.
The breakfast in the morning was the usual eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.
We definately will be staying again soon!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lovesrelaxing
Timberlake_Lodge_144, Public Relations Manager at Timberlake Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Hello lovesrelaxing: Thank you for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed our property. We are relatively new still (3 ½ years) and want to keep everything looking as good as it did on day one! Thank you also for the note about the bath tub. We have two room types with bath tubs, the Double Queens and the Children’s Suites (which is a kid friendly bunk bed room attached to an Executive King room). The other room types have the oversized, dual headed shower with body sprayers which we get constant raves about. Please do join us at the on-site restaurant next time, you certainly will not be disappointed. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Rapids
White Oak Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Deer River
0.7 km away
Country Inn By Carlson, Grand Rapids

Been to Timberlake Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!