See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I was BLOWN AWAY by my experience at the Brechet Inn. Judging from the website, I thought the rooms would be nice enough, but frankly I wasn't expecting anything too amazing from the tiny little community of Glencoe. Boy was I wrong! Sue and Wes have lovingly restored many of the fine details of the original mansion and then further enhanced it with their own antiques and furnishings, creating a luxurious, elegant environment which was an absolute delight to come home to every night. I stayed in the Joseph Jay suite which has a beautiful, somewhat masculine style which I really liked. But despite its classic look, the Inn still has modern conveniences like free WiFi and Jacuzzi tub. Sue and Wes were very responsive to my special requests, which included having a custom breakfast for six for my extended family on the last day. This was a very memorable experience for them. I will certainly be staying here again on future trips to Glencoe.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Corey K
Brechet I, Owner at Brechet Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Hi Corey,
Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure meeting you and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Inn. You are always welcome.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

My husband and I spent 2 nights in the Joseph Jay Suite while in town for my father-in-law's 80th birthday. The home was beautiful and the main floor was the perfect location for the celebration. Wes and Sue were wonderful hosts and very helpful as we decorated and prepared for the party. Our suite was clean and comfortable with every detail so well-thought out to make our stay one of the best B&B experiences I've had. The bed and bedding were elegant and the attached large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and shower was fantastic. Scented bath salts, soaps and fluffy robes were much appreciated. We enjoyed the special touch of the basket of coffee and muffins waiting outside our door to greet us in the morning. The delicious breakfast served in the large dining room was a perfect start to the day. The pride Wes and Sue take in their beautiful Brechet Inn shows in every detail. I highly recommend a stay for a special night or weekend. We're looking forward to our next visit!

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank Stacy T
Brechet I, Owner at Brechet Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Inn. The birthday party was an awesome celebration. Your family decorated everything perfectly. It was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Thank you Wes and Sue--What a GRAND STAY at the Brechet Castle. A warm welcome by Wes, who showed us to this beautiful room-made up with an xtra bed for Jeff,bottles of water and treats and great history on the castle and Brechet family, told to us by Wes. Muffins and coffee at our door at 8a.m. followed by Sue's delicious breakfast on an elegant table setting and we were served like royalty. Thanks for the wonderful evening and morning, all the history, the great food and the comfy sleep. Doris Meyer

Room Tip: We were given a tour of all suites, and they looked wonderful. We stayed in the Joseph Jay suite--exceptional!!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Brechet I, Owner at Brechet Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2015

Thank you for such a nice comment. We enjoyed having you stay with us. Wes enjoyed visiting with you as well.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

We live in town and drove by the B&B during the day and I thought, "Wow! A B&B in Glencoe! I'll have to check it out" I went to their website and filled out the online form to check the availability of the particular room that we wanted - Joseph Jay Suite. The next morning, Wes, the innkeeper, gave me a call to confirm and see if I had any questions.

We arrived after 9 p.m. and Wes greeted us and showed us our room and we also got a peek at the other suites. What a beautiful inn and we really liked our room- spacious and a fantastic large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and large walk in shower. There were even two board games in our room and a small fridge/freezer. We did use the gas fireplace, which was attractive and toasty:)

The bedding was comfortable and we enjoyed the coffee and muffin basket that arrived at our door at 8 a.m. - don't worry, you shouldn't be disturbed if you are still in bed. Don't sleep in too long though or you'll miss the delicious breakfast! On the morning of our stay we started off with orange juice and coffee, then a yogurt parfait with berries and granola. The main dish was a blueberry egg bake which was amazing! We finished off with a mini eclair and nice conversation with the innkeeper. (If you have dietary requirements you can make that known before you arrive).

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather B
Brechet I, Owner at Brechet Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2015

Thank you for the kind words and the nice review. We enjoyed meeting you and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you staying with us within our community, we love that.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

Incredibly beautiful historic home, luxuriously comfortable rooms, 5-star breakfasts, huge private spa tubs, large screened-in front porch, and gracious, friendly owners make this a top-notch get-a-way. We stayed here on an impromptu weekend relaxation trip and were extremely impressed with the all around quality of this bed and breakfast. It is a historic marvel with a romantic story, gorgeously restored and richly furnished. We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily S
Brechet I, Owner at Brechet Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2015

We enjoyed meeting you and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Inn. Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate it.