All reviewsbeds were comfortableamerican inntwin cities areacoffee makermotel
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed there after flying in late to Minneapolis heading to North Country. The place looked sketchy on the outside and were really worried what we’d be greeted with in the room.
In fact, it was clean, didn’t have the cigarette stench like out in the hall. Had microwave & mini fridge and coffee maker, but only one coffee pod. The water pressure was great.

We chose this location as it was much less than the twin cities area, and overall we were pleased with the place. Easy on easy off from I35.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I stopped to check in at around noon and the gal allowed me to go into the room right away (not wait until after 3pm). She was very polite and friendly and check in was quick. Considering this is a smoking and nonsmoking facility, I was quite pleasantly surprised that my nonsmoking room smelled very clean and fresh. Just stayed in a hotel over the weekend where our nonsmoking room has the char on the ceiling where it was allowed to be a smoking room and you could still smell the lingering effects of it. The room was clean and bed comfortable. Bathroom clean and orderly and every accessory worked! Breakfast was plentiful and hearty enough. Check out was painless. Just a nice clean and quiet stay. :-)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

As soon as we entered the hotel front doors there was an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. I was traveling with 3 teenage girls. As a non-smoker, the smell was immediately noticeable to all of us. We did get a non-smoking room. As long as we were in our room, we couldn't smell the smoke but if we went into the hallways, lobby or breakfast area the smell was always present. The other issue was in the bathroom. Our ceiling and walls were covered in what looked like black mold. I thought the nightly rate was much too high for the condition of the hotel. The location was in walking distance to a gas station, Walgreens, and Perkins. There were several fast food restaurants, Wal-Mart, Target etc. very close by too. The beds were comfortable but the pillows were very small. You get 3 small square pillows per bed. We asked for more at the front desk but they said they didn't have any. The hotel staff were very pleasant when calling and upon check-in/check-out but I would opt to check out the Country Inn and Suites down the road on our next stay due to the smell and cleanliness of the hotel and our room.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The rooms we had were poorly lit and one smelled of something rotting. Staff was not warm and welcoming with the exception of the gentleman that worked on the weekend. Couldn't get the front desk to answer the phone, it would ring 4-5 times and go to voicemail.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Had a reservation secured with a credit card for this hotel. Received a phone call that night that had no one on the other end...when my husband went to check our guests in he was told that we had hung up on them and they had cancelled our room. Check in was shortly before 10pm and at no point was I informed that I would have to re-confirm the room. They did attempt to accommodate us but not at the same rate as the original reservation! My guests said the room was good and they slept great, just a real unfortunate experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family