All reviews hot tub front desk clerk quiet hotel rooms are clean short drive continental breakfast pleasant stay night stay pool area is yogurt the breakfast area stayed one night wonderful hotel fitness center downtown area north shore canal park
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I was able to stay at the Fairfield/American Inn last weekend in Duluth, MN while in town for shows. It was a great hotel that was clean, an updated/clean bathroom (which is rare nowadays for some reason) a nice design. The staff was all wonderful and had an amazing breakfast selection. The location is perfect, it is right next to a bunch of stores helpful for out of towners plus only a 10 drive or Uber/Lyft to downtown Duluth. It will be the only place I stay when going to Duluth.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Egancomedy
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Good stay. Property looks a little tired. A hot tub would be nice in the pool area. There seemed to be plenty of room for one. The breakfast was good but not super. The room was comfortable especially the bed.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shawna C, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Clean, Quiet and breakfast was good. Was concerned when hearing kids play next door while I was heading to the room in the hallway, but once in the room there wasn't a sound. And they were still playing when I left the room.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shawna C, Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I only stayed one night, but thought the room was very nice and clean. The front desk staff person on duty was very friendly and helpful. She recommended some nearby restaurants which turned out to be very good. I did not use the pool or exercise room facilities, but they looked nice. The elevator is a bit slow, so I found it more convenient to use the stairways at the end of the building since my room was close to the end anyway. Complementary breakfast in the morning was good and seemed to be well supplied considering the number of guests flowing through it at the time (somewhat busy period). I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shawna C, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This hotel is located in a nice location. Great shopping area and nice restaurants. Easy drive to Canal Park. The front desk staff was a bit aloof and a reluctant smile when they greeted us. Over the course of the 2 days that we stayed there, the Manager seem to have the same forced smile. It would be nice if they have a more genuine greeting. The house keeping staff was not very friendly either. One house keeper even told me that I should have not have press the elevator button when their laundry cart was on another floor. How would I know? !! We have stayed in the Marriott Residence Inn in the same location and they had much better service and friendlier staff.

Room Tip: Pets are supposedly not allowed on the 3rd floor. If you don't have pets and would like a pet-free floor, the 3rd floor is a better option.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shawna C, General Manager at AmericInn by Wyndham Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re sorry you were unhappy, we’ll work hard to fix the issue you experienced. Thanks for letting us know.