All reviewsmini golfbunk bedsdrink tokensthe indoor water parkoutdoor pool and hot tubbreakfast buffetedge waterwear and tearroom suitegreat view of lakenorth shorelake walklifeguardsarcadetikiwaterslidesgrandkids
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I came for wedding and picked this location because of the water park. I was disappointed by this two day stay. I regularly go to hotels with water parks and this was the worst I’ve been to. The water park was small but decent. The staff were all nice and helpful. Everything else was no good. At other hotels you get access to the water park prior to check in and post check out. Not the case here. You only can use the water park the hours your there. 4p-11am. However my daughter wanted to do other Duluth activities not water park. This the first time she wanted to leave the hotel. The hallways were super cold when returning went. Lines for check in were over 30 minutes. Without the water park this would not be a hotel where tourists go, only the locals needing a less expensive option.

It was a very cheep motel with a nice swim area. I have no doubt my daughter would have had a better trip has we stayed in canal park.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the Edgewater Hotel and Waterpark for the second time over Easter weekend 2018. The hotel itself is a bit dated. The beds were comfortable (we had 2 queens and a bunk bed) and the room could comfortably hold 3 adults, two children, and a mastiff. The hotel is pet friendly (all rooms allow pets) for a $25 per night fee. We had one issue while we were there, which was simply the light fixture in our bathroom would only work spontaneously. Called the front desk and no one ever came to look at it, good thing we had flashlights on our phones. Finally got smart about it and just left the light on when it came on for us and closed the bathroom door when we weren’t using it.
The water park is somewhat clean, there were WAY too many people in the hot tub (shoulder to shoulder and kids swimming in the middle). The pool, lazy river and kiddie play area were great. The slides were crazy fast - beware the green one! The kids had a great time. Their mezzanine has lots of seating and areas to rent out for private parties.
They have a canteen type place to eat at the waterpark, which was actually pretty good and the portions are huge. Pizza wasn’t the best, but it feeds a hungry crowd with no complaints! The hoagies are good and you could split one between two people. There are plenty of fries that come with the meal. A heaping pile, in fact!
Lots of activities for kids over the Holiday weekend like arts and crafts and two different scavenger hunts. The prizes were actually pretty nice. The Easter bunny was spotted multiple times by the kids throughout the hotel but I think the bunny was a bit overheated in the pool area!
Check in/out was easy and everyone at the desk was friendly. Didn’t use the free drink tokens but the bar area looked very nice. Breakfast wasn’t free but it’s worth the few dollars you do pay for it. Plenary of selection to satisfy picky eaters!
Too cold to use the outdoor areas, but they do have an outdoor pool/hot tub (hot tub was open but we didn’t brave the walk to/from it in our suits), kids play area and mini golf. Inside, they have a business center, fitness center, conference rooms, an arcade (HUGE waste of money - stingiest payouts we have seen at an arcade), gift shop, coffee shop... lots of things to keep everyone busy. And broke!
Hotel rooms that face Lake Superior have a great view. There are a few interior rooms that only have views of the hallway, the rest look over London Rd.
Beware that parking can sometimes mean you are parking on the side of the road a block away. The lot fills up quick! The hotel is next to a gas station, liquor store, Dunn Bros Coffee and Blackwoods Bar and Grill, which is delish!
It’s a great place to bring the kids and let them have some fun (don’t plan on relaxing with the hoards of screaming children around every corner in this hotel). It’s a five star for entertainment value, not for super updated facilities or an “on-the-ball” maintenance crew!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
AaronEdge, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Good morning Crystal and thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I've reached out to the corresponding departments to make sure that we can make your next stay even better. Hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

So it was probably my own dumb fault but we have been to this hotel 6 years ago and swore we would never go back because we had such an awful experience. Well we went back...I wish we would have saved our money! We tried to check in at 2 because we arrived in town early. They told me "check in isn't until 4, but they would see if The room was ready" it wasn't, which I can respect. So we went up to Two Harbors. We got back at 4:20 to the hotel. When I walked in I couldnt beleive my eyes. There was minimum of 50 people in line ahead of me! I stood in line for 50...yes 50! minutes!!! That is just ridiculous! Once we go into our room, the rooms are dated and more importantly falling apart...literally! The dead bolt lock fell off in my hand which is ironic because 6 years ago when we were there the whole door handle fell off in my hand! Aside from that, the rooms are not well kept, tons of cobwebs, paint falling off the walls, the bathroom door was peeling apart from all the moisture I assume. There was mold in the grout in the shower, every corner was dirty! Just gross! As for the water park, I would say that's where they spend all their money. It's not that's it's super nice, it just costs a lot to run! The water park was over crowded and they don't limit people/kids in the hot tubs. There was a sign that said the hot tub was max 5 people and there was 13 people in it! It was just an all around crappy hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly S
AaronEdge, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Holly S, thank your taking the time to review our property. I want to apologize for the long wait that you and your family had upon your return back to the hotel.I am sorry for the issues encountered with your room. I will personally make sure that this information gets sent down to housekeeping and maintenance so that we can make those repairs. We would hope you would give us one more try to get things right for you.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This hotel has a fun waterpark. A small waterpark but the kids had fun. Our room was just average, glad I found a discount for it, because wouldn't be worth a lot of money. The room was outdated. We had a lake view room but that meant that we could hear cars on the road below all night long!. Dont know if it was poor insulation or a door that wouldn't seal. The heat didn't work the best either. Breakfast was extra and wasn't all that impressive-but it was only $1.99 per kid.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Water park water temp was freezing (both air and water). There were not nearly enough tubes for the slides and lazy river. Rooms were in a pretty bad state of disrepair. There is not enough parking for all guests in parking lot. Also, policies regarding water park admission are unreasonable (in my opinion); check in is not until 4 pm (which is rather late for hotels) and they will not let you check in without having a room ready, and they won't let you use the water park until you've checked in. Most places like this will still let you check in and get wrist bands and play in the water until you room is ready (to be fair, however, this information is listed on their web page) Won't be staying here again. This place is a dump.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family