“Great Chinese food for a great price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zhong Hua Restaurant Inc
Ranked #141 of 264 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

This is a great Chinese restaurant in the Denfeld shopping center. Great food at a great price! In 10 years I've never gotten a bad meal here. Eat in, take out, or delivery. Same menu and food that you would get at the Bejing restaurant.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Set in a decent looking strip mall in West Duluth, this is your basic basic Chinese restaurant - a whole kitchen full of quick moving loud talking Chinese folks (speaking in Chinese, of course) and one tolken white kid up front to take orders. I suspect they do more of a take-out business than they do a sit-down business. We were steered to Zhong Hua Restaurant after complaining that the Beijing Restaurant was closed. Apparently, Zhong Hua Restaurant is run by relations to the folks at Beijing and runs on the same principle - which is, zero atmosphere, and great food quick.

Walking in, you feel like you've come to the Woolworths lunch counter, or something equally 1960s. There are basic tables and chairs, and almost no decoration. You pay before you eat, stepping up to a counter where the white kid does his best to stay out of the way of running cooks.

Our orders were out almost before we sat down. I had the Sesame Chicken - which was great, and Jo had Pork Chowmein - which was even better. We had two pork egg rolls which were excellent as well. We did have to wait a bit to eat as the food was hot off the stove. I left a tip, but as you pay before you eat, it was only after the meal I felt the tip was well spent. Great food!

1  Thank Carl E
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Nice people work there, the food is very good and so are the prices. However it is the dirtiest restaurant I have ever seen in my life! If they would even wash the floor,that would help.

1  Thank Clean56
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I see a lot of negative reviews for here, and while I do think there's some truth in them, I don't think this place is THAT bad. The counter service is, well, abrupt. She does have quite a voice on her, which cuts through walls, and is a little harsh. The food itself is okay. It's not terrible, but it's also not the best in town, either. And if it's at all busy, they tend to struggle.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

We did take out for a work meeting for five people. They got two of the orders wrong but wouldn't replace it or refund it. Finally they said they would cook us something new. We thought, do we really want to eat food from a place that just yelled at us and called us stupid? We insisted on a refund but they actually threw our credit card at us. A cook came up to us and said they would personally make it. At the same time, the two people at the register continued to heckle us and talk about us while we were sitting 15 feet from them. I asked them to stop talking about us and at least wait until we left cause it's a little uncomfortable. They said they could say whatever they wanted. Wow. Right? I thought this must be a joke. Nope.

2  Thank Lori N