All reviews interior room old chicago full size fridge converted warehouse without windows canal park living room red lobster unique hotel within walking distance kiddie pool small kitchen king suite pull out couch hot tub location is great hot breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Our room was a beautiful suite with 2 huge beds, 2 televisions, kitchen facilities and a handicapped accessible shower. (by the way, no fan in the bathroom). We both slept great. The only thing that could be changed is that the entrance was very difficult. 2 of the 40 people coming on the bus used a walker and several had canes. It was very inconvenient to manage our baggage and come up the long flight of stairs. Only after we had dinner down the street, did we notice a ramp in the back. We did not notice a sign on the entry door that there was an alternate entrance. Breakfast was fabulous.

Room Tip: Need to have handicapped accessible entrance and/or hotel employee help with luggage
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This old factory building has old brick rooms in the middle part of the building without windows. These range in price about $200.They are dark and cavernous, although kept clean and tidy by the staff.I would not choose to stay here except all hotel rooms in this location are high. Rooms with windows are much more pricey. The photo you had of these rooms are nothing like what we have seen. By using trip advisor we did save a few $$. We had to be in Duluth for an event and this seemed the best for the location and what we wanted to pay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Was an okay place to stay. Bed wasn't comfortable though. Wasn't a fan of staying in the rooms with no windows either. We had a crying infant next door to us that woke us up at 3am crying for over a half hour. As a mother of 2 young ones it wasn't the crying that was bothersome/worrisome as it was the baby started crying again in the morning and it sounded like nobody was next door in that room but the baby. We did call the front desk and they placed a welfare check and called the room and called us back to state there was someone in the room with the baby and everything seemed to be okay.

Room Tip: I would stay in a room with windows.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018

This was our third stay here. It is one of the less expensive choices close to canal park which is why we stay here. The rooms are clean and roomy. However, they do charge a 15% deposit/damage fee something I've never been charged before. When I questioned it, the clerk pointed to a sign at the front desk and said "You'll get it back in 5 - 10 days". The sign explained the charge and said you would get it refunded on your card in 3-5 days. When I checked out I was charged a safe fee, I asked that it be removed and the clerk said sure no problem and gave me my receipt Unfortunately I did not look closely since we were on our way out, while she removed the $1.70 charge, she also charged it back so it really was not removed. I know it's not much but hey every bit counts. Now for check in - the clerk that checked us in, did not smile once - did not tell us about the wifi (I overheard it from the clerk next to him explaining it to a guest who was inquiring about it.). I mentioned something about the new bar-Hoops and he said "oh yea, do you want complimentary coupons for a drink, we also have coupons for the bar down the street." Something that should be included when you check in?
I did give it a average rating aside from the need for customer service training because as I mentioned at the beginning of the review and in my previous review, the rooms were clean, the location is good and the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2018

The location of this hotel is perfect for walking the Canal Park area. Parking for the hotel is right across the street and Hoops Brewery (highly recommended!) is just across from the entrance to the lobby area. Unfortunately you will pay the price for being so close to the entertainment as reflected in the cost of a room. The rooms are dated as is the hotel and we were kept awake by something clanging off and on all night. Breakfast was awful as the food was cold and nothing special.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple