“Skeptical at first, but worth the drive.”
Review of Hugo's Pizza II

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hugo's Pizza II
Ranked #119 of 285 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I was staying in Proctor for work when a coworker convinced me that we should drive out of our way to get a sub from this place. I was skeptical when i got to the restaurant when i noticed that the restaurant was a bit dated and they wanted $15 for a sub.

I got the bacon cheeseburger sub and i would have paid double for it. It came on a whole french roll. The sub consisted of 4 1/4lbs burgers and about 1/4lb of bacon. The sandwich was big enough that i had leftovers for lunch the next two days.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 18 November 2015

We ordered their version of the Hawaiian. It was great! Perfect amount of ingredients, fresh, and the crust was perfect. Glad to have Hugo's in the neighborhood!

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We couldn't believe how big our orders were when they arrived for the price we were paying. This is a cozy "local" kind of place but I'll be back next time I head up to Duluth.

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was told by a local that this was the place to go for great food. We ordered BLTs and had them delivered. They were huge, or at least the bread was. Sandwiches were overpowered by the size of the bead, no flavor. A few days later I ordered pizza and went to pick it up. If I'd seen the place beforehand I would not have eaten there. Overall just a dirty looking little place. Staff was friendly, food overpriced. $23 for a pizza that was nothing special. Will not eat there again.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Excellent thin crust pizza, a bit pricey, but worth it

Date of visit: July 2012

Been to Hugo's Pizza II? Share your experiences!