“Huge Portions, Great Prices”
Review of Hugo's Pizza II

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hugo's Pizza II
Ranked #116 of 273 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We couldn't believe how big our orders were when they arrived for the price we were paying. This is a cozy "local" kind of place but I'll be back next time I head up to Duluth.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was told by a local that this was the place to go for great food. We ordered BLTs and had them delivered. They were huge, or at least the bread was. Sandwiches were overpowered by the size of the bead, no flavor. A few days later I ordered pizza and went to pick it up. If I'd seen the place beforehand I would not have eaten there. Overall just a dirty looking little place. Staff was friendly, food overpriced. $23 for a pizza that was nothing special. Will not eat there again.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Excellent thin crust pizza, a bit pricey, but worth it

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Hugo's II is dine-in, take-out or delivered. The restaurant is small so if you want a seat get there early, the delivery takes a little longer than some places but the food is always hot and delicious when it arrives, if you want to trim time off the wait go and pick it up. From appetizers to huge sandwiches to great pizza this is the place. TJ

Reviewed 24 September 2011

This was a tough one for me to rate. This place is more a pizza delivery place that happens to have some tables so therefore serves a full menu. The good is that the food is great and the portions are huge, really! With my Philly I upgraded to a basket ofronton rings and coleslaw for $4.59 extra. I thought that was steep, but my onion rings were pilled in their own basket. (I've gotten less most places ordering rings as an appetizer!) The service and atmosphere is less than stellar. It's really a place where mostly locals go. I went there with my two daughters. There was only one table of 5 there besides us. It took 10 minutes for our server to get to us and it took 50 minutes total to get out food. During that time, plenty of pizzas were going out the door for delivery. The place is filled with video games and vendign machines and could get wild; the customers that came in after us were all.... Well, crazy. One table had an odd grungy couple that talked so loud I couldn't hear myself think, then a one legged guy came in (one false leg) and was yelling about quarters and stomped out all angry. Then we waited for our bill and the waitress was talking to a group of her friends that came in. When she finally started cleaning the table next to us I asked for a to go box (because portions:HUGE!). She said "sure" and kept vacuuming... Then after a couple minutes she walked to the kitchen finally... But she came out with a rag and started wiping the table!!! My kids are asking to go, I'm staring at this girl, and she was CLUELESS! I got up and walked to the pizza window and she finally walked over and got me to go boxes and wrote up the bill! So, my reason for having a tough time rating this place: Basically, if you want great food and huge portions, this will get you that, really! So, thats kinda key here. But don't take a date or go on a nice day out here expecting quiet or comfort.

Been to Hugo's Pizza II? Share your experiences!