“Very Good all around”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 24
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1976 Grandma’s Saloon & Grill has been a casual but lively adventure to the past where value and customer service are at the center of everything we do. You’re surrounded by authentic antiques, collectibles, and an eager staff ready and willing to please. The award winning food includes overstuffed sandwiches and burgers; USDA choice steaks; house specialty pasta and wild rice dishes; appetizers include nationally recognized homemade onion rings, chicken wings, and stuffed mushrooms. It’s an eyeful as well as a mouthful. The legacy of customer satisfaction has been handed down by the Italian immigrant who started it all, “Grandma” Rosa Brochi. Everything she did in her early boarding house business included “100% customer satisfaction,” words that we still live by today. Grandma’s Saloon & Grill is real history, real antiques, real service, and really good food! A dining experience of legendary indulgence. The original Grandma’s Saloon & Grill is located at the foot of the historic Aerial Lift Bridge, at the tip of Lake Superior. Seasonal deck dining and the new rooftop lounge includes this spectacular view.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in at Grandmas before heading over to Bentleyville. It was a weeknight and things were pretty slow. Everything about our visit was very good. The staff was pleasant and helpful, short wait time and the food was very good. Great location for hanging out at Canal Park! We have started or ended many evenings out at Grandmas. Try the wild rice soup and treat yourself to one of the chocolate confections at the front counter.

Jill T, General Manager at Grandma's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for again making Grandma's part of your visit to Canal Park! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 12 December 2017

Went with family and friends and we all had great service. Seating A+++++++++
Food and drinks A+++++++ Service and speed A+++++++++++++ for a Friday night. Servers A++++++++++++ Thank you Grandma's Saloon & Grill for Top Notch Service.

Ah, thanks!!!! You're A+++++++++ in our books! We appreciate your taking the time to give us such a great review!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Up in Duluth for a hockey tournament and stopped at Grandma's for dinner on Friday with a group of 7. The food was good but our waitress was busy and never came back to offer us anything after the initial order and then when the bill came it wasn't correct. Some of the items we didn't even order and the pricing was off. So we grabbed another menu and looked at it and it showed what was on our bill but we thought some of the items should of been less. Came back 2 days later and surprisingly looked at the menu and the item I order 2 days before was $3.00 less and the same drink was cheaper and larger. I know this because I ordered the same drink. So in the end I was over charged on 2 things. So watch your menu's because the price can change per menu. Weird!

Jill T, General Manager at Grandma's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your feedback. I am sorry for any confusion that occurred with pricing. We do have two different menus, a lunch and dinner menu. At dinner the entrees come with a salad, at lunch they do not. I am guessing that you mistakenly received a lunch menu. I hope your server was able to offer an explanation. We also have a Happy Hour at the bar and tall tables. Your drink would be half off if you were sitting in one of those areas. I hope this clears up any confusion. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further. I can be reached at grandmascp@grccorp.com. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We decided at the spur of the moment to go to Duluth for the weekend (since it was going to be the last good weather of the season). We went to Grandmas for an early dinner. Although the place was packed we really didn't have to wait very long, and our waiter (and I wish I remembered his name) was just the nicest guy in the world. He was so attentive and personable, and suggested fun things to do in the city. I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted the Chicken Tetrazzini over noodles or wild rice so he suggested half and half (which was amazing)! Loved it!!!!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Omg the chicken tetrazzini Over noodles is amazing. Tuesday it’s part of a lunch special (winter only I believe) you must try it!

1  Thank Onceuponastar9
Jill T, General Manager at Grandma's Saloon & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for the nice review! The Chicken Tetrazzini is one of our most popular items. I am so happy you enjoyed it!